Chapter 36 - Dark Side.

My mother rushed in past me and my father, rushing up to the others. Noah wasn't speaking, Isaiah was bawling, and the others sat around comforting both twins.

"Have you guys received the news about her yet or no?" My mother asked.

"No. They ain't came out yet." Carlos sighed as he covered his face. "We been here for hours."

Speaking of the devil himself, seconds after my mother asked this question, the doctor came out and called our names.

"Shay Steels?" The doctors asked.

"That's us." I said as me, Kathy, and the others stormed up to the doctors.

The female doctor sighed and gave us the news.

"She has 9 bullets lodged into her body. Four into her upper chest area and 5 in her stomach and sides." The doctor sighed.

"My god." My mother whispered as my father hugged her, comforting her.

"It's going to be difficult to get the bullets ou-"

"Fuck that!" Noah barked, giving her a furious look. "Is she alright or not?"

Since this was the hospital Noah worked at, the female doctor knew his name.

"No, Noah..." The woman sighed. "She's slipped into a coma. She's stabilized, but she isn't awake."

Noah shook his head and turned around, placing his tongue in the corner of his mouth and ran his fingers through his hair. Isaiah covered his eyes and crouched down, crying silently in his palms. Tyler sighed, looking up at the doctor.

"Do you know if she'll be alright?" Tyler asked.

"We're not sure." The doctor sighed. "We have to remove the bullets out of her bod-"

"I'm going on call, tonight." Noah said as he opened his briefcase and started putting on his doctors suit. "I want to be in charge of watching my mom and making sure that her surgery goes well."

"Noah, we promise that we'll handle i-"

"I said that I'm going on call tonight, Tracy!" Noah barked as he slipped on his shirt, glaring at her as he made his way to Aunt Shay's room. "Let me know what room......."

As Noah disappeared into the halls, the doctor sighed and looked back up at us.

"I'm sorry."

I was going to go with Isaiah to comfort him, but he seemed to distraught the moment, so I decide to wait until the next day. When Tyler, Isaiah, and Kayson got home, Isaiah sat down at the kitchen table with his pistol in his hands, covering his eyes and taking a breather. Kayson looked up at Isaiah, then looked up at Tyler.

"Mommy, is gramma gonna be okay?" Kayson asked.

Tyler sighed, then ran her fingers through his hair.

"Kayson, go upstairs really quick. Okay?" Tyler asked. "Me and daddy will be up there soon."

As Kayson jogged upstairs, Tyler wrapped her arms around Isaiah's broad shoulders and kissed him on his cheek. She placed her head on his left shoulder, sighing as he kept his face covered.

"I ain't never dealt with no situation where I might lose my momma...." Isaiah sniffed. "Ion' know what i'ma do if I lose her....."

"You're not going to lose her. I promise, baby." Tyler whispered in his ear, kissing him. "And guess what?"

Isaiah looked up at her, watching her grin at him.

"We're gonna catch those sons of bitches who did it." Tyler growled. "That's a promise."