Chapter 21 - Too Many Possibilites.

After all of that, I could smell the smoke from all the gunfire as it filled up the room. When I glanced at Tyler, she was still cradling Isaiah. Suddenly, he moved around and groaned a little.

"Babe!" Tyler cheered out.

Isaiah looked around, then looked at his arm. He had a bullet hole right in between the tattoo he had on Noah and Aunt Shay.

"Shit...."

Tyler kissed Isaiah on the cheek, then looked at his arm.

"Are you okay?" Tyler whispered in a worried tone.

"Yeah yeah yeah babe I'm fine..." Isaiah groaned as he lifted up and placed his hand over his bloody shoulder.

Kayson walked downstairs in his onesie, stepping into the living room.

"Daddy, wat happ-"

"Now Kays, you gotta get outta here before you hurt yoself!" Isaiah gasped as he looked at him, placing his hand out. "You'll step on this glass!"

Kayson stepped back and looked up at Tyler.

"Mommy?" Kayson said.

"I'll be right upstairs Kays, okay?" Tyler said in a comforting tone.

Kayson stepped back a few more times, then walked back upstairs. I stood up and listened to the sound of glass crunching and shattering under my shoes.

"You alright, cus?" I said to Isaiah as he sat against the end of the couch, placing a towel on his shoulders.

"I'm fine, Josh. Swear." Isaiah strained as he looked at his shoulder. "Bae, let's wrap these niggas up and take them to 'Los."

"I'll go get the items, babe." Tyler nodded, getting right up and heading to the kitchen.

As Kathy got up and brushed the glass off of her shoulders, Isaiah looked at her then looked at me.

"Aye, can I speak to my cus alone?" Isaiah asked.

"Yeah. Uh......sure.." Kathy said in a shaky and nervous tone. "I'm gonna go clean um...this glass off....."

When Kathy went into the bathroom upstairs, Isaiah stood up and made his way to the sink.

"Now Josh, yo' girl ain't no snitch, is she?"

"Nah nah nah, Isaiah." I said, shaking my head. "You ain't gotta worry about figuring out how you gone take her out or nothing."

"You sure?" Isaiah asked, giving me a serious look.

"Positive."

Isaiah didn't change one bit. At all.

As me and Kathy laid in the bedroom, I managed to drift off to sleep easily. But Kathy? Kathy was wide awake. Tyler and Isaiah spent the rest of the night wrapping up the bodies and loading them up in into their two car garage. When we heard them both leave, Kathy continued to stare up at the ceiling.

"So your cousin is a murderer, huh?" Kathy asked. "This is what you were trying to warn me about?"

I didn't say anything. This is exactly why I didn't want to bring Kathy. I knew that she was going to pasteurize me on why I didn't tell her about my relatives ways, which kind of wasn't my fault because I thought he would've grew up by now. So instead, I decided to act like I was asleep.

"Josh, don't ignore me." Kathy said in a dazed tone. "I know that you aren't asleep."

I turned to Kathy, giving her an agitated look.