Chapter 17 - Farewell.

Had I been the same man I was beforehand, I would've left Aunt Shay's house without a fight. However, I didn't want to leave. And since I didn't want to leave, I decided to ask my aunt what was wrong.

"Why you kicking me out, Auntie?" I asked as I turned to Aunt Shay. "Did I do somethin' wrong?"

Aunt Shay stood at the middle of the stairs, inching her finger towards herself.

"Come here real quick."

I followed Aunt Shay up to her room and watched her shut the door behind the both of us.

"Josh, I'm really goin' through it right now." Aunt Shay sighed. "I just.....I have to figure out some things with Isaiah and I don't want you to get involved just in case things get out of hand."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

More tears streamed out of Aunt Shay's eyes as she struggled to get her words together. This made me understand why she always have heart problems because of how much she stresses.

"Don't tell anyone, but the other day I found out the other say that Isaiah is a murderer." Aunt Shay sniffed. "He's murdered multiple people, including children."

I knew that this was true because I witnessed 95% of the crimes. Still, I had to convince and sway Aunt Shay otherwise.

"He's probably just making that u-"

"No, he isn't. I heard him talking about it to that bitch who ratted him out. I still don't know what he sees in her....." Aunt Shay whispered, squinting her eyes and shaking her head. "Anyway, he told me the other night after I confronted him about it. This is why I need to think..."

I gave her a blank stare, then placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Did you figure out what you're gonna do?" I asked.

"If he wasn't my son, I would rat his ass out. But he's still my child." Aunt Shay whined. "I'm just afraid that he's gonna do something since he knows that I know the news....."

"He's not gonna hurt you, auntie." I said in a comforting tone. "Isaiah would never do that."

"He pulled a gun out on me before, Josh." Aunt Shay said in a low and sinister tone. "If he's capable of doing that, he's capable of doing anything."

Aunt Shay took another pause, then bowed her head.

"Which is why I need to sort things out for now." Aunt Shay continued. "I promise that the minute I sort everything out, I will let you come back and stay."

I was going to try and bribe her into letting me stay with her, but I understood where Aunt Shay was coming from. I gave her a long hug, then looked at her.

"I'm just going to spend the rest of the day saying goodbye to everyone, okay?" Josh nodded.

"Go ahead, babe." Aunt Shay smiled, wiping her tears again. "I'll alert your mother."

When I walked downstairs, I seen my parents waiting while Isaiah sat at the table. I walked up to my parents, giving them a sad look.

"Ma, dad, can I spend the rest of the day with Isaiah before we drive back to Washington?" I asked in a bummed tone.

"Sure son." My father nodded. "We're going to spend some time with your aunt until you're done, alright?"

I was so upset that I didn't say anything. I inched my finger towards Isaiah as he grabbed his pistol and placed it inside of his pocket. My parents looked at his gun and gasped in a low tone, then watched us jog out of the door and towards Carlos's house.