Chapter 8 - "Verdict." [Part 2.]

We all held hands, holding onto one another as they read the list of charges.

"On the charge of kidnapping, we find the defendant, Isaiah Ayers Steels, not guilty on count one."

"Yes." All of us whispered, clutching each other's hands.

"And on the charge of attempted murder?" The judge asked.

"On the charge of attempted murder, we the jury find the defendant not guilty-"

That was it. All of us exploded. We all jumped in our seats and hugged each other, giving one another a hug of victory. Isaiah was free. Isaiah jumped up in his seat as well and hugged Noah as they both kissed each other on the cheek and rocked back and forth. After a week of grueling testimony, Isaiah was free. And everyone was happy.

But Tyler's side, they sat in disbelief. Tyler's mother and father stood up in the court and stormed out, leaving their other family members to weep in the court. Donna and Valerie were crying out of pure frustration. We didn't give a shit, though. We were celebrating in their faces rather they liked it or not. Tyler glanced over at us as we all pointed our fingers over at them.

"Haha!" We all chanted, watching them give us a look of rage.

"Order! Order!" The judge barked as she banged her gavel against the podium. "Guards, please clear the media frenzy from outside so that we can let Isaiah and his family out."

Once the guards cleared the commons area, everyone clashed into Isaiah and gave him a hug when he walked out. We all wrapped our arms around him as he tilted his head back and started laughing out loud.

"Yes. Yes!" Isaiah chanted out loud. "Free as hell, niggas!"

"These niggas can't hold us back!" Carlos cheesed as he stepped back. "When we get back to the crib, we lightin' up the fattest blunt."

"The FATTEST blunt!" Isaiah chanted after him.

When Isaiah seen Aunt Shay standing aside and crying tears of joy, Isaiah wrapped his arms around his mother as she clutched onto him.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." Aunt Shay sniffed as she buried her face into her shoulder. "I knew that you were innocent."

"I love you, mama." Isaiah smiled.

As Isaiah kissed his mother on the lips, he walked up to me and smiled.

"Free as a bird, eh?" I smiled.

"Free as a bird!" Isaiah smiled as we gave each other a tight hug.

As Noah stood aside with his briefcase, Isaiah walked up to him and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you, Noah." Isaiah nodded. "I love you to de-"

"Ah ah ah. Have a good time with yo' friends." Noah said, cutting him off. "But you owe me big time for this."

"Whatever you won't you know I'll get it!" Isaiah nodded as they gave each other a hug.

As Tyler's family and Donna stormed off, Isaiah shook his head and jogged up to Donna.

"Aye!" Isaiah chanted.

"Get away from me." Donna growled as she clutched onto Kayson.

"Hold on hold the fuck on!" Isaiah snapped as he snatched Kayson out of her arms. "It's the weekend!"

"Give me my grandson back, dammit-"

"The courts have given me legal custody on the weekends!" Isaiah barked in her face. "Therefore, Kayson is mine until Monday!"