Escape from the Bottomless Destiny

SANDRA'S POV

My tears dripped down my face as I saw the door closed between me and the love of my life, Nate and my family. I did this to protect them. I sacrificed myself and there is no turning back, especially when the corpse has already bitten me.

At first, I felt the pain, but when I turned my head and looked to his way, everything passed by. The eyes that kept my soul from being broken from all those years. The eyes that meant everything to me and the eyes that gave me the most unexplainable love a man could have ever give. It was the last thing that I would willingly die to see.

- - -

My head felt light all of a sudden and fell towards the floor. Numbness was the only thing I was focused with. My mother once told me once a corpse bit you, a flavivirus, a rabbis will infect you. Now, I know how the process works. The bite on my neck felt hot all over. The rabbis, which I want to call it, runs inside my system. Whatever way it was using, it all felt numb. My body was feeling a different genre of pain and it was the only thing I could think of as of for that moment.

My soul was silently crying for help but we all know no one could stop it. So, I stopped fighting. I know how this ends and I'm giving in. No more struggling.

A wave of energy surged through my chest and I held unto my breath, hard. This was it. My last and final breath came. I closed my eyes, while my arms and legs convulsed. I raised my hands, looking for a rope to grab on, but nothing. Then, all of it came dawned to me. This is it. My destiny. The end of my human suffering but the start of my monstrous life.

My eyes rolled back, indicating my pupils gave up as well. All the lights were turned off almost abruptly, while my senses shut off. My heart palpitated, but slowly decreased in pace, until.....

The last beat of my heart came and slowly,

My mind,

Shut off.

*heart beats

*heart beats

*heart beats

"Sandra"

*heart beats

"Sandra wake up"

*heart beats

"Sandra"

*heart beats

"Wake up"

*heart beats

My eyes shut opened and I catch for breath. My heart palpitated in a fast manner, different from my normal ones. I hyperventilated but slowly calmed. I raised my hands towards my face and felt my soft skin.

'Is this real?'

I examined my other body parts and was shocked to know I was able to touch them. Wait,

a dream?

"No Sandra, it isn’t"

I looked behind me and my lips tugged to a smile, overjoyed.

"Mother!"

I ran to her arms and held unto her tightly.

"Woah. Easy beauty"

"Mom? what happened"

I asked her, while happiness was etched on my face. I laughed to myself as I kept touching my skin, as if everything was not real.

"The antidote has saved you, Sandra"

My eyes looked into hers; trying to figure out if she was making fun of me.

"What antidote?"

When I asked her, my eyes fell to her neck. And everything started. My senses heightened and all I could hear was the palpitation of her heart and the only thing I could focus on by my eyes was her blood running to her veins. I opened my mouth when a pain shut through my gums and groaned.

"Mom?"

I said, scared.

I groaned hard when I felt my head being twisted. Something was happening to me, but I couldn't see it myself. I know I felt different. It was as if there was a new energy surging inside me. I just felt different.

Mom's blood runs through her veins and I could see it clearly. My other foot moved on its own. I was shocked when my mom was now an inch away from me. My hands reached for her neck on their own and I tried stopping myself from doing so.

"It's okay Sandra. Just give her what she wants"

'What do you mean her?'

My mind was overrun by something else and was clouded. My body was all overpowered and a new self was controlling me. I can't control it anymore. I grabbed my mom's neck and pulled her to me. I dug my teeth to her soft skin and started drinking her blood, quenching my thirst.

'Someone. Please. Stop me"

------------------------

I Sandra, thought I was dead. I felt the corpse's teeth dug onto my flesh and cried out in pain. My flesh was ripped off from my neck and felt the most unimaginable pain a human has ever felt.

But, all of it was just the start. The start of the new era. The new me.

I believe I have changed. I am a not a human anymore, in fact, a blood sucking psycho. Or would you rather call it a vampire?

Some would probably ask what happened.

Well my friends, because of my mother, I'm alive but different. She and my father were the ones who created the falvivirus, but amazingly, before they died, they created an antidote and placed it to my system. That was also the very reason why the Milantro wanted me so badly. For all those years they have tried their best to create new specie, a vampire, but never succeeded until they found me. I was the first and I will fight to be the last.

So I tell you,

The time is not the end but the start. I have journeyed well and escaped from the bottomless pit,

and now? I am to escape from my Bottomless Destiny.