'8 Leukemia

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

Previously on EFTBP

"What the f*ck! They got away?!" I shouted towards the phone.

"Y-Yes ace. I'm s-sorry" He stuttered.

"No, keep your excuses. Find them and get Sandra. Don't let me do it, myself" I slammed the phone on my desk, disconnecting the call.

I stood up and threw my glass against the dark walls and it scattered on the floor. The wine drenched my carpet and left an ugly smell. I loosened my neck tie and sat on my chair frustratingly.

"Michael. What are you doing?"

I gritted my teeth and balled my fist.His not stopping me this time. I thought to myself as my knuckles turned to white. I groaned in frustration once again and stood up.

I guess I'll have to do it myself.

Striding towards the door, I walked out and closed it behind me.

............................................................

They had been cleaning the orphanage since yesterday. Renovating every inch of it into a place where life can be seen and can be felt. When they arrived at this place, everything was lifeless. Ceilings had holes, lights were dead, jalousies were splattered on the floor, carpets were torn apart, tables were stained with blood and the furnitures were turned upside down.

They haven't slept for a day and their eyes were heavy as hell.

The orphanage was slowly transforming into somewhat new and then they decided to sit down and take a rest. As they looked at their work, lights were now fixed. It produces a radiant light all over the place while the furnitures were properly fixed to its original place. The table was no longer stained instead it was shining proudly of how well it was furnished.

"I bet this would do" Michelle said.

"Seriously? This place is awesome! We haven't own a real house before. Like with sofas, kitchen, proper bedrooms and awesome lights! I just can’t believe it!" Casey exclaimed, jumping proudly.

They all turned their head towards Casey and smiled happily. She was contagious. Everyone felt the same to - making it possible for them to forget everything. Everything that included the corpses.

Casey happily jumped around and enjoyed the space. She goes in and out, back and forth.

"Casey? You better stop that. You might accidentally hurt yourself" Timmy warned.

"Oh it’s fine Tim!" Casey looked around for someone. When she saw him, she grinned.

"Breck can take care of me!" She exclaimed and grabbed Breck's arm to entangle it to hers. Breck on the other hand rolled his eyes and groaned in frustration.

"Now look who's in love" Shimmer teased. Breck looked away as his cheeks reddened. Casey didn't notice everyone's attention that was directed to them because she tightened her arms around Breck's. She pulled him to her and went inside the kitchen - probably going to eat. Everyone just chuckled at them and went back to their own business.