'15

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

Previously on EFTBP

(Sandra's P.O.V)

Shimmer on the other hand, was lying on the ground. Her eyes were half-opened when she reached for my hand. I took her hand and we exchanged grips. She lastly looked deep through my eyes and I could see her smiling at me proudly. Images rushed inside my head, images of our past encounter. I remembered our silly fights and stupid arguments. But, now? She's leaving it all behind. It hurts so much and I couldn't take it anymore.

Another pain shot through my body and I held onto my breath, like really hard. The pain eased, but in return, my eyes blurred, slowly blackening. As darkness engulfed me, the only image that stayed on my head was Shimmer's last sweet, innocent smile.

............................................................

"Oh God"

All of them, inside the cave, said in unison as they saw what was in front of them. There were guns inside the caskets. Casey smiled upon looking at it, for she was beyond thrilled just by seeing it, how much more holding it with her small hands.

“I-I didn’t know Paul was this type of person”

Timmy said in amusement, while Michelle observed everyone’s reactions. Of course, Michelle knew that this was part of Paul’s plan. He sent them here for safety and not just that, he even made sure that they are being filled with weapons for defences. Oh how he knew him so much and this broke her heart more.

Grant noticed Michelle's sudden change of facial impression for she wasn’t happy, not at all. He walked towards her and sat beside. He followed her gaze smiled.

“You know what? Since from the very beginning, Paul has never disappointed us. He has a way to calm things and make the wrong right”

Michelle didn’t look at Grant while he spoke, but the thing is, she was listening to each and every word. Her heart eased and she felt calm once again. Grant looked at her and continued.

“That’s why, no matter what happen to us. I know that he is always there to make us remember how he deal with things without pressure”

Grant smiled and so did Michelle.

“Thanks Grant” She paused and looked at him. “I know you’re not the kind of person who’s good in verbal encouragements, but still you did your best”

She placed her arms around him and hugged.

“Thank you”

“Michelle!”

Casey exclaimed cheerfully towards her direction. Casey grabbed her hands and pulled her to the caskets. Michelle looked down and gasped.

“Wow”

“Ahuh! Isn’t this just amazing?!”

She stayed silent for a moment, trying to compose herself.

“Yes Casey. It is”

“Common Michelle! Let’s try some of them”

“Nope. Casey? We can’t. Those are not for you, okay? It’s dangerous”