'12 (part 1) Father-figure

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

Previously on EFTBP

"We must go" Paul said.

Michelle stood up and faced everyone, holding their gazes for the last time.

They strode towards the back door and readied their guns. Everyone exchange pats and looks, saying their last goodbyes, if ever.

"Remember. No matter what happened, we must stick together" Paul exclaimed.

Some nodded, but some just remained expressionless, fearing of death. They knew that this day, lives will be taken some will be saved. But one thing they know for sure is that no matter what,

they're a family.

............................................................

"To your right!"

Paul exclaimed, warning Timmy as soon as corpse lunged towards her way. Abruptly, she grabbed her knife from her back and threw it directly towards the corpse' forehead. She grunted as her right foot slipped against a rock - losing her balance. The ground was close enough to her falling body and she closed her eyes for the incoming impact.

"TIMMY!" Michelle shouted.

Timmy fell on the floor face first and hit her arm hard. She groaned and crumpled to her knees as her breaths came in a harsh way. She couldn't hear any sound, just buzzes. Michelle ran towards Timmy and pulled her for an embrace to ease the pain.

"Breathe, love. Breathe"

Timmy tried catching and calming her breath, slowly changing her heartbeats back to normal. She lifted her hands and pulled Michelle's arms for support. Michelle on the other hand assisted Timmy by placing her hand around her waist. They stood up slowly, together, and continued walking.

Corpses were now behind them, snarling, while they made their way towards the cave - the cave where Paul insisted them to go. They didn't understand why the heck they're heading for the cave. Caves meant dead end but Paul told them to trust him.

Their guns went out of ammo and they have no choice but to set it aside. Each one of them grabbed something that they could use as their weapons.

Paul backed them up, while Michelle and Timmy walked slowly. Their grunts surrounded their ears, making it impossible for them to calm down.Casey stayed beside Michelle, gripping the hem of her shirt.

"We better move fast" Paul insisted.

"W-We can’t. I can’t move my legs properly. I might have broken a bone" Timmy answered while gritting her teeth from the pain. Michelle's heart knotted when she can't do anything to brush the pain away from Timmy.

"Just walk a little faster. We can’t hold them up forever"

Michelle looked at Paul with concern. He was grunting as well and was clutching his weapon against his stomach. She knew Paul has leukaemia and it was not something to joke about. In fact, it was deadly serious. Paul noticed her gaze and looked at her.

"Are you okay?" Michelle whispered.

"I'm fine. Don't mind me. Walk faster" Paul urged her. He was good at hiding his pain, even though Michelle saw how his face contorted uncomfortably.