'16

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

Previously on EFTBP

She ran as fast as her limbs could manage and whispered her goodbye against the winds.

............................................................

Sandra's P.O.V

Since before, I have a feeling that my life is not what I thought it would turned out to be. I felt that I wasn't stocked in that lonesome darkness, where all my visions are shadows, without reasons. I know deep within me, I also have fate. A fate where made only for me, for dissipating my bad memories. I've been to the worst and to the best. I have experienced it all.

I've met people who gave me my worst nightmare and the people who gave me hope and love where no one could have ever imagined.

So, I say, that's enough. I know life is not all about happy endings. We have a different destiny, not just me but all of us.

I, sometimes, tend to ask myself about my destiny, but I couldn't figure it out yet.

- - -

"Sandra"

Sam said with a smirk as I entered the premises of his mansion. I stood straight and held my chin high.

"Sam"

"May I know the reason of your visit?"

He acted as if he didn't know anything. He furrowed his brows and smirked.

'Playing games, are we?'

"Just cut the bullshit and let’s talk.."

I paused and looked at his minions and back to him.

"Alone"

I continued.

His face turned serious and nodded to his minions, motioning them to leave.

They slowly closed the door and left us alone, just the two of us. I felt nervous but I shook the feeling away and stood on my ground with confidence.

Sam turned around and walked towards his desk and poured some wine inside the glass.

"So, what is it that you want to talk about? Hmm?"

He slowly walked towards me and offered the glass with wine to me. I lifted it towards my nose and tried smelling it. He might poison me or might as well plan something.

When he noticed my behaviour, he chuckled to himself and poured another wine inside his glass.

"I’m not that kind of person you know. If I were to poison you, I would rather beat you to death"

I cringed to his words, but hid my reaction from being seen. I sip unto my glass and looked at him once again.

"I know you know something about my deceased parents and I want to hear the truth from you. I expect honesty"

He sat down on his arm chair and grinned.

"And in return?"

'I knew this was coming'