Chapter 6 The Tadpole - A Black, flying object

• Dedicated to Jennifer Smith

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

Previously on EFTBP

Nate closed his eyes - feeling sorry for her. She doesn't deserve to be here, right now, where the world was in total destruction. She deserves a perfect life where no corpses exist. She deserves something better and a life full of happiness, not darkness. He held onto her tightly and murmured nothing but sweet things.

"Shh. Everything's fine, now. I’m here"

"Were here"

...........................................................

They walked towards the woods in the middle of the night. Howls were heard as shadows crept around like sleepless souls. Michael backed them up while James cleared their way.

"Where are we heading, Nate?" Casey asked.

Nate was silent for a minute, looking for answers.

"Let’s found out, shall we?" He grabbed Casey’s small little hand and smiled. Casey nodded and continued walking.

Michael

I listened to Casey as she talked to Nate. My heart ached to the thought of hurting this fragile kid. She's so innocent and I'm too heartless. But, I have to do it for some serious reasons. The guilt was just too much for me to take.

My head ached.

"You okay?" Jack nudged and I peered to his way.

"Seems like you're thinking too much. What is it Mich? I know something’s bothering you" He stared at me and waited for my answer. Even if he's my twin, I can't let him know. We swore no secrecy from each other but lives can be saved by this. I placed my hand on his shoulders and reassured him.

"I'm fine, Jack. Don't fret"

Jack

I know something’s bothering Mich, were twins for shit's sake! We have the same color of hair, which is hazel, and our skin are naturally tanned. The difference between the both of us is just our eyes. Mich's eyes are in ocean blue while mine are green.

I tried asking him if something was wrong, but he seemed to avoid it. He smiled and I know exactly that he faked it. He was hurt somewhere but why must he hide it from me? I can keep his secrets and he knows that. I stayed silent and looked for a plausible reason.

This had happened to him before. I scratched the back of my head and dig deeper.

Think Jack. Think.

When he's done something wrong, he acts exactly like this. My eyes widened when I finally realized it.

What has he done this time?

Fuck, I hope I'm wrong.

Timmy

It’s the 3rd time we moved out from our hideout. I know its hard, but we needed to. Corpses already knew our scent so it would be easy for them to track us down.

7 years ago, I was given this family and I cherish them the most. I had almost died but death gave me a chance to live once more. Dying would mean total darkness and total numbness and that's not what I dreamt to have.