Chapter 1 The Escape

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

Summary

She escaped from home and welcomed hell into her life.

Every night she felt pain all over her body. Her adopter lambasted her mercilessly until she was in deep darkness. An opportunity came and she immediately took it. She thought she was already safe, but another chaos awaits her in the outside world.

Every fiber of her body begged for her to give up. But that didn't mean her life was full of misery. While she hid herself from darkness, she found light. The light that changed her life for better or for worst.

............................................................

"No! Please no!" she begged.

"I told you to do what I say! Now suffer the consequence!" Her step father grabbed her hair and shoved her towards the bed. Her head got hit by the wall and it hurt like hell. She whimpered at the intense pain but he continued to grab her once again.

"Father, please" She cried and pleaded.

"Now you have the guts to call me father huh? I should do this more often" She tried to run but her father's grip was too strong. It was pure torture.

"NO!" She kicked him and bit his hand but everything was to no avail. She was defenseless, weak, as he tied her hands on the bedpost.

"Don't protest daughter or it'll excite me even more" Her father stood up and went outside. She tried to free her hand but was incapable to do so. The moon's illuminace reflected towards the broken glass beside her bed. This caught her attention. She lowered her foot and Somehow managed to wedge it in between her toes. It was too uncomfortable since the edges were sharp. She guided it towards her tied hands and placed it intside her mouth for safe keeping. If she was to exert pressure, the glass would lacerate her tongue.

Moments later, her father came back with his cigarette and lighter. She shook her head, terrified of what he might do to her.

"Now, lie down" He commanded. She obeyed. He sat down beside her and tightened the rope around her wrists. Tears ran down for she had predicted what will happen next.

"Father, please. I'll do everything you say. Just please don't do this"

"Shh. Did I tell you to talk?" He wiped her tears. She shut her mouth. He was unstoppable.

Her father took the cigarette and lit it up. She watched in horror as the cigarette burnt her thighs repeatedly. There was nothing left to do but to close her eyes and hope for death.

One shout, and he would punch her stomach.

Her head was pounding, arms and legs were aching and her mouth tasted nothing but blood. If it were not for the exhaustion her father had felt, he would not have stopped lambasting her. She was left immobile and half conscious. Her skin was scarred, making it hard for someone to recognize her actual skin complexion.

Darkness draw her to sleep and for the first time - that day- she felt peace.

............................................................

It was still dark when she woke up. Her body still ached like hell and was trembling. She tried to move but her burns came in contact with the sheets.  She cried and held onto the bedpost. Struggling to herself, her hands took the glass and freed herself from the knots. It was dead silent and she needed to escape. Now or never.

She went outside her room walking barefoot. Across it, was her father's room. She took slow, hesitant steps and leaned against the wall for support. The knob was locked.

A loud thud sounded from the room. With fast reflexes, she hid herself inside the cabinet. She forgot all about the pain because the only thing that clouded her mind was fear. She could hear her heart, beating, and feel the sweats running down her forehead.

Her father was awake now and it was the only chance that she could escape. She peered to her right and saw a baseball bat. Clutching it against her chest, she waited. She bit her lips and stop herself from breathing rapidly.

"NO!" Her father shouted. She heard footsteps striding towards the door's direction. He turned the knob but was still locked. He turned around and scanned the room.

"I know you're still here puppet" He said with a dreadful tone, smiling  and whistling happily.

'Oh God help me' She prayed. Tears rolled down freely and it was hard not to shake in desperation.

He looked underneath the tables and found out she wasn't there.

"Come out this instance or else your punishment will be worst than before" He threatened.

She didn't dare to move. One mistake and she'll be dead.

"So, you want to play hide and seek huh?! Fine by me!" Exasperated, he turned the tables upside down. He threw things out of his way and shouted profanities. When things were cleared, the only thing that stood untouched was the cabinet. He looked straight to it and grinned sardonically.

He'd found her.

"Hello puppet"

He hauled the closet open and immediately, she struck him with the bat. He fell unconscious towards the floor. The keys were inside his pocket. She took it and went for the door. The woods met her way and she ran for it - not bothering to look back.

It was dark and silent. Her feet stumbled and she fell right to her face. Her visual blurred and once again, darkness engulfed her.

............................................................

She was once called Sarah Califfer but when that bastard came into her life things had changed including her name. She was a homeless kid when that man found her. At first, he was generous. But eventually, his true colors were out. He got violent and that's the time when he started beating her. She was naive when it comes to the outside world for her adopter locked her out from the real world and treated her like a slave. She does all the job inside the house and everything was always spotless. When the door creaks open, she readies herself for the incoming disaster of her life.

Call her Sandra Grimmer, her mother's name. Her adopter told her that her parents were killed by wolves. She didn't believe it. She promised to herself that once she's out from this rotten hell, she'll figure out all about herself, including her deceased parents.

Sandra's eyes were dark. She always had this hidden wonders trapped inside her gaze. Her lips were red. Her hair was in dark brown. Not a single soul had seen her beauty - except for the man who held her with chains. The man who kept her hidden through these years.

But now she's free.

Oh

IS SHE?

............................................................

To be continued...

............................................................

Just VOTE my friends. Just vote. Heck! Comment to! :3