Chapter 7 Alien

Copyright © 2013 by Dell Anne Eresmas

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the publisher or author, except in the case of a reviewer, who may quote brief passages embodied in critical articles or in a review.

............................................................

 Previously on EFTBP

"I'm sorry" I whispered and faced down - ashamed of what I did.

"Keep it. We'll continue this later. We still have saving to do" Nate said while turning his back on me. He took a few steps and halted.

"I won't trust you anymore" He said in low tone. I gritted my teeth as he walked away.

"But I'll do my best to gain it back" I stopped him but he didn't bother turning his back.

............................................................

James leaned against the tree while he held onto his bow. He gasped for air and calmed his heartbeat.

"Sandra, I'm running out of arrows. We should head back" he suggested.

Sandra reloaded her gun and uncovered herself from the tree. She fired towards the nearest guy and in return, he stumbled towards the ground. The guy laid dead on the grass and she decided to conceal her self from danger.

"No we can’t, there's too many of them. We need to call for back up" She said in between her breaths as she tilted her head towards Tom.

He seems fine.

Tom looked at her and grinned.

"Scared that I might die, babe?" He teased. She rolled her eyes towards him and retorted.

"You wish"

"Oh God, would you guys stop that? We are in the verge of dying" James exclaimed, glaring at them. They cleared their throats and muttered an apology.

"Tom go to the orphanage and ask for help" James instructed.

"b-but I didn't get to kill anyone, yet"

"Just do what I said" James said pointedly, putting an end to their conversation. Tom cursed and got up - doing what he's told to do.

Sandra stared at Tom's retreating back as he carefully ran towards the orphanage's direction. She feared that any second, a bullet might kill him. But, he safely got inside the building. She sighed. She looked at James and asked.

"Now what?"

James looked at her and clutched onto his bow for a minute before giving her his answer.

"Pray for safety, I guess"

............................................................

Nate

Michael and I sprinted towards the battle's direction. Meters away, I could see the army Casey was talking about. They fired towards James who was hidden behind the huge trees. There are too many of them and obviously they were all well-trained. For all these years we've never fought against humans, just corpses. So basically, this would be a tough one for us.

Sandra was hidden behind one of those trees and I'm not particularly sure where. I looked everywhere and found her. She was holding her gun, bravely firing towards the nearest possible target. The target fell towards the ground and died. Feeling proud, my lips tugged into a smile.