Ch. 32

I take a donut from the box and start thinking. "So, no one's heard from Amber?" I ask, worried.

"I was just talking to aunt Mary, she said answer moved back into your place after they arrested Anthony." Mom laughs. "I think her mom was driving her crazy."

"Call J.J. right now, tell him to go check on her." He tells my mom. Everyone get your phone's and start calling her." Nixon, orders. I scramble to get my phone out and dial her number. It rings until her voicemail picks up. I glance up and look at everyone else, looking concerned and frustrated. Their not getting through to her either. I vaguely hear my mom talking as I try dialing her again.

I get voicemail again and look up to Nixon who looks tense. My phone lights up with a new text message, it's a number I don't recognize. I hit on it reading the whole text: I have Amber, if you don't want me to hurt her meet me at the elevators. You have five minutes.

My heart pounds. How am I supposed to get away from everyone? Especially, Nixon.

"He's on his way here with her, everyone relax." Mom says in a rush and relieved tone.

I tap Nixon's arm and show him the text. If possible his face gets even harder. "He's following us, listening in." He takes my phone and hands it to dad. He walks out of the room looking both ways. "Stay here." He demands and shuts the door.

"What's going on?" Jackson asks.

"Anthony sent Emmy a text telling her he had Amber and to meet her at the elevators." Dad, grumbles angrly.

I feel like my heart is on my throat, I'm nauseous and start to feel the bile rise. My breathing picks up. "Pop! pop!" Rings throughout the hallways, I know it's gun shots. I hear women screaming and men shouting, then everything goes dark.

*****************

Nixon's POV

I leave the room and head towards the elevators. I'm too big to sneak up on him and if I went another way it would be longer then five minutes. I see him dressed in a black short, blue jeans and a baseball cap. He straighten's up when he sees me walking his way. His face she's nearly contained rage which tells me he's desperate and unstable.

"You were issued a restraining order."

"Fuck your restraining order." He replies his hand going quickly behind his back. I tackle him to the ground, before I can get it out of his hands the gun goes off twice, hitting the cement walls. With one punch I knock him out. Security shows up two minutes later. I hand over the weapon and give my name, waiting for the cops.

I give my statement to the cops and the witnesses collaborate my story. I'm finally able to leave and go back to the room. I open the door and its only Maddox, J.J., Jackson and Harris. "Where's Emery?"

"They took her to get checked out she fainted when she heard the gun shots." Maddox answers. "We heard no one was hurt. It was Anthony wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it was. He's taken care of, for now." I reply, leaving the room. I go to the nurses station, "Where was Emery Kahn taken?"

"Are you family." The woman asks.

"She's my fiancee."

She types on her keyboard and turns to me. "She's on the first floor, room 118."

"Thank you." I turn and walk to the stairs. I take them to the first floor and rush to room 118. I walk in and see Emery in a hospital gown, her mother and Amber with her. "I heard you fainted." I say, smirking at her.

She rolls her eyes, "What took you so long?"

"Police reports. Are they released you soon?"

"Yeah, I'm waiting on my results." She replies, smirking back.

"Results?"

"They asked if there was a possibility I was pregnant, I gave them a urine sample."

"Well, what's taking them so long?" I ask, anxious to find out.

She shrugs. I start pacing making Emery and Hadley laugh. Finally, ten minutes later a woman with a clipboard comes in. "Ms. Kahn, you're expecting." She states, smirking widely.

"We're having a baby." I ask, for clarification.

"Yes, she's pregnant. Congratulations."

I turn to the bed kissing her soundly.