Ch. 15

My dad's car is parked in the driveway, so the boys told on me, great. I glance at Nixon and he doesn't seem to care that my dad's here. I guess our talk last night assured him enough that I don't care what my dad wants, I'd still date him. Nixon parks the truck in the garage and Amber gets out. I don't move and Nixon turns to me. "Come on princess, we knew this was coming." I nod my head yes and climb out the passenger side. I walk through the door first and I hear my dad call me into the living room. I feel Nixon walk closely to my side and I tell him, "Don't say anything, let me do the talking." My dad is sitting on the sofa and he is not happy. I think this is the part where I throw myself in front of Nixon saving his life.
"Yes, dad?" I ask.
Dad narrows his eyes at Nixon. "I know about you two and I've come to tell him to move out."
Nixon nods his consent, but doesn't move.
"Yeah, we were expecting this." I reply.
"I don't like the fact that your choosing to see him over Mark, but I do understand it." Looking very uncomfortable he continues. "I know you don't want or care for my blessing on your new...." He clears his throat, "relationship, but you have it." He says, reluctantly.
I know I'm looking at him shocked, out of all the things I thought he'd say, this is not one of them. "You don't care?" I ask simply stunned.
"Like I said, I do care. However, he's a man that can protect you and that's my top priority."
I roll my eyes. "I don't need protection." I argue.
"Yes, you do and I will take comfort in the fact that your with someone that can handle himself. I don't want you living together though. I won't change my mind about that." He states.
"When does he have to leave? Give him a day to find somewhere to go."
I can see him thinking about it. "Alright, you have twenty four hours to find somewhere to go." Dad agrees. Amber looks a little put out about something, but at this point I don't give a shit. I'm done with her attitude, she's as bad as my brothers. I can date as long as it's someone they want me to date. I'm just glad my dad won't fight me on dating Nixon, like everyone else. "Your mother would like the two of you to come to dinner this week. Don't forget the charity event on Saturday, I put Nixon on the list as well."
"Okay, thanks. I'll talk to mom tomorrow about dinner." I respond. This is so weird, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Nixon still hasn't said anything. I hit his arm to get his attention. When he turns to me, I raise my eyebrow. "Did you forget how to speak?" I ask, sarcastically.
He smiles. "You told me not to say anything."
"Since when do you listen to me?" I challenge.
He shrugs. "You were doing a good job. You even got me twenty four hours to vacate. Well done, princess."
I hear my dad's laugh and watch as he stands up. He comes forward looking at Nixon. When he's in front of him I notice the physical differences between them. All my life I thought my dad was a big man but next to Nixon he seems almost normal. "That's all the time you get, not a second more. If I hear that your not treating my daughter how she deserves to be treated, you will pay." He warns.
"You don't have to worry about that. I've already seen her do a number on her brothers. I don't want to be on her bad side or yours." Nixon state, amused.
"I really don't like that your not intimidated by me." Dads, says truthfully.
Grinning Nixon replies, "I've heard that before." Dad holds out his hand to Nixon and they shake hands.
"It's that some macho thing, like straight guy sex? Did you guys just come to an understanding of some kind?"
Dad huffs, trying not to smile and hugs me kissing my head. "Remember to call your mother." He orders, before leaving through the front door. I let out a breath.
"That went surprisingly well." I say, relieved. Watching the door my dad just exited. Half expecting him to storm back in and tell us he was joking.
"Yeah. Are you hungry?" Nixon asks.
I look at him. I hate how he can be so calm and collected at all times, I wish I could do that. "Yeah, I'm starving."
Nixon makes us sandwiches for lunch and we both shower after we eat. I'm relieved to be living with just Amber again. Not that I think Nixon will back off, but I like that I won't always feel like I'm being watched. I like Nixon, I like his personality, but there's only so much intensity a person can handle before they start feeling a little smothered.
I step out of the shower and wrap myself in a towel. When I walk out into my room, I see Nixon laying on my bed with a pair of basketball shorts and no shirt. Yes, that is a sight I will definitely miss. "May I help you?" I ask, sarcastically.
He grins, "Are you offering to help with anything?"
I scoff, "In your dreams. I was asking why you were in my room again, without permission."
"Do I need permission?"
"Yep. I still like my privacy." I reply, narrowing my eyes. He doesn't seem bothered as his eyes burn holes through my towel.
"You should have thought about that before you wore what you did to the gym. I know you did it to tease me."
I laugh, "Of course, I did and it worked. However, that has nothing to do with you coming into my room uninvited."
"Your outfit was my invitation."
"I didn't wear it to tell you I was ready to sleep with you. I wore it to tell you to lay off my gym clothes or I'll wear the worse ones."
Nixon doesn't respond but continues watching me with hooded eyes. I'm his prey again. I walk to the closet and close the door. I put on a bra and underwear, then a black v-neck t-shirt and black yoga pants. I come back into the room and I feel his eyes riveted on me. I ignore him and walk to the vanity to brush my hair. I get the brush through my hair once looking down at the picture of me, Amber and Mark before I feel a hand over mine causing me to jump. "What the hell Nixon, you almost gave me a heart attack. How can your huge ass not make any noise?" I demand to know, holding my hand over my pounding heart.
"Sorry, that's classified. Old habits die hard" He replies, brushing my hair in slow strokes. We're quiet for a few minutes when he says, "I'd like to take out out tonight, for our first date."
"Where do you want to go?"
"Dinner and the beach."
I let out a breath in fake resignation, "I guess I can squeeze you in my demanding social agenda." I tease.
"Thank you. You're so charitable."
"I know, I have such a bleeding heart for ugly giants."
He grins and puts the brush back down on the vanity. "Ugly?"
"I'm sorry. Do you prefer hideous?" I ask, seriously.
With his eyes on mine he leans down and kisses me softy. I open my eyes when he pulls back his lips hovering over mine. "I can tell when you want me, princess. Your eyes can't lie." I scoff, even though I know what he says it's true. I couldn't hide my lust for him if I tried, but I'd never say it out loud.
"I don't know what your talking about." I deny.
His eyes heat up and he leans in the rest of the way meeting my lips. He licks my lips and I feel the moist heat of his tongue. When his mouth slants over mine with more pressure, I part my lips and meet his kiss. His hands travel up my thighs and I feel him lift me up from the stool. I wrap my legs around his torso and he growls as he walks to the bed. He gently lowers me back on the bed, never breaking our kiss. His hand kneeds my breast as the other lifts my butt from the bed grinding against me. I push at his chest to get his attention. "No further then this Casanova." I warn.
He growls low in his throat but stops. "Take a nap, then start getting ready. I have some errands to run. I'll be back at five thirty to get you."
"Sounds good." I agree and he kisses me one more time before leaving my room. It's sweet that he wants to take me out on a date. He definitely surprises me a lot.