Ch. 17

Spinning me around Nixon pins me to the door and kisses me roughly. I can feel how angry he his, but his want for me is still there. I moan as he lifts my thigh, holding It with his hand. He steps closer rubbing his erection against me. I whimper and when his fingers trace the edge on my panties I moan. I feel myself start to fall back before Nixon pulls me to him. He doesn't stop the assault on my mouth, he's demanding more.
Nixon steps forward and It doesn't occur to me that he didn't open the door until I hear, "Get your fucking hands off of her." Mark shouts. I feel Marks hands on my waist, trying to pull me out of Nixon's arms.
Nixon turns me away from Mark. "If he touches you again, I'm going to lose it." He warns me, I know he's serious.
"Okay, put me down." I tell him.
"No, tell him to leave." Nixon refuses. I can't believe I've met someone more stubborn than me. I would normally argue, but his posture is stiff and I'm not about to let Mark get hurt.
"Mark, I think you should go." I try.
"I'm not going anywhere. I heard him tell you to make me leave, that's not happening." He replies, angrily.
"Mark, he's really mad. I think it'd be best if you just go."
"I don't give a fuck what he is, get off of him." I can tell Mark is trying to hold his temper in check. I've seen him mad before, it's not pretty.
"Alright, put me down." I repeat. Nixon doesn't listen. "Mark, please back up a little." I beg, as they have a stare down. I see how badly they want to kill each other. What the hell was I thinking trying to date two alpha males? "This is my fault, both of you Knock it off. Mark, I'm really sorry, but I can't date you and Nixon, it's not fair to him."
"Then stop seeing him." Mark, responds.
"I don't want to do that, Mark." I say, quietly. I can't believe I did this! I didn't want to hurt him, now I feel like I'm crushing him.
"Emery, I've known you forever. I know what you like and what you don't like. You hate guys like him, what are you thinking?" He asks, frustrated.
"You're right, I usually do. Nixon isn't what I say I want, but I like him and I started something with him. I don't know where it's going to go, but I'm going to see it through."
"You're sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure." I reply, firmly.
"You can't be serious." I hear, Amber yell.
Oh, great. This was going good, now it's going to blow up. Amber walks closer to us. "You said you'd give him a shot." She accuses, pointing to Mark.
"I did, but it's not fair to Nixon. Think about it, neither of them are willing to let me date both of them and they shouldn't. I started things with Nixon, before I even knew Mark liked me."
"You're making a mistake, Emmy." She says, shaking her head.
"Then I'll make it, but it's my choice." I reiterate.
"It's okay, I actually understand. I don't like it, but I get it." Mark says, sadly. I hate the heartbroken look on his face, it kills me to see it.
"Thanks, Mark." I reply, honestly.
He nods once, walks past us and out the front door. "You can put me down now." He lets me slide down him until my feet touch the floor. I don't really feel like going out, but I don't want to stay with Amber sneering at me.
"I know what you did. I'm not stupid." Nixon says, looking at Amber.
She shrugs. "Like I care." She scoffs and stomps away.
"What did she do?" I question.
"After I got dressed, she came to tell me that you needed a little more time to get ready."
"Did you see Mark come in?"
"No, I didn't know he was here." He replies.
I wonder if those two set this up? Mark's really not like that though. He would have asked me to go out with him in front of Nixon. He wouldn't go behind my back like this. No, this was all Amber.
My phone rings and I dig it out of my purse and answer it.
"Hey, mom."
"Hi, baby girl. So, are you bringing Nixon to dinner tomorrow?" Shit! I forgot to call her.
"I guess, hold on. Do you want to have dinner at my parents house tomorrow?" I ask, Nixon quickly.
"Sure."
"Yeah, tomorrow's fine." I say, into the phone.
"Great! I think we're going to have everyone over and barbeque, it'll will be fun."
My mom has everyone over once a week during the summer, so I'm not surprised the family will be there. "Yeah, it's always fun mom."
"What's wrong honey?"
"Mark, just left. It didn't go well." I reply.
"What happened?"
"I told him I'd go out with him tomorrow. Well, Nixon didn't like that, so I had to cancel. I just feel bad and really stupid."
"As you should. You can't ride two bourses with one ass." She states, knowingly.
I laugh, "But it would have been so much fun to try."
"Yes, it would have been a great show." Mom agrees, laughing.
"Alright. We'll I'll see you tomorrow. Love ya."
"Love you, too. And Emmy, don't rush into anything, unless your certain." She adds.
"I won't." I reply.
"Bye, baby girl."
"Bye." I reply, hanging up.
I walk to the couch and plop down. Nixon is watching me, I can tell. He silently walks over to me and sits down. "Would you rather stay in?"
"Yeah, I don't feel like going out now."
He nods. "He'll get over it." Nixon states.
What if Mark doesn't? I know uncle Alex still has feelings for my mom. I asked him before and he said he'd always love her, but eventually the time comes to move on. He married a nice women named Tracey and they had Mark, she left him ten years later for someone else. I never found out why she left him, it doesn't really matter. I've never heard uncle Alex mention Tracey and I don't really remember much about her, either. I know Mark mentioned once that his father didn't even know she left, that he never loved her. I don't think that's true, how do you stay married to someone for ten years and not love each other?
"What do you want for dinner?" he asks, interrupting my thoughts.
"It doesn't matter."
"Stop thinking about him, it's driving me crazy." He says, clearly irritated.
I roll my eyes, "I can think about whoever I want." I challenge.
He stands up and goes to the door, without looking back he leaves. I sigh and stand up and go up the stairs to my room. I stop in front of Nixon's door and look inside. All his things are packed neatly. I walk to my room and go to the closet putting on a pair of white shorts and a black tank top.
I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Nixon is definitely possessive and good looking. He has a way about him that I find alluring. However, it does piss me off that he tells me what to do all the time. I'm not a child, I can make my own choices. I'm not sorry about him leaving, he can't control my thoughts too.
That's one thing I always liked about Mark. He always listens to me, my opinions matter to him. Like when I wanted to move out, him and my mom were my only advocates. When I wanted to go out of state for college, he was the one who drove me to visit the universities and helped with my applications.
I'm lost in thought when I hear my bedroom door open. I see Nixon walk in and watch him come towards the bed. "Come on, I rented a movie and got Chinese food."
I sit up and he pulls me out of bed. I follow him down stairs and into the living room. He has everything set out and the previews are playing in the TV. I sit, "You have your room packed up. Where are you staying?"
"I get the keys to my house the day after tomorrow, so I'll go to a hotel." He answers. "What do you like?"
"Anything that doesn't have onions." I reply.
He hands me orange chicken and white rice. I take it and start eating. We don't really talk, but watch the movie. He got an action movie of some kind. I don't really care for action movies, but it has Jason Statham in it, so I still watched it. I get halfway through the movie before I fell asleep.