Ch. 2

After my parents and uncle leave, it's just the three of us. I think about what my mom said. I guess she's right, this will be better than having the twins around all the time. I do love my brothers, but I hate having three dads. Amber is staring at the giant like she's in love. I huff and start to walk to my room.
"Do you mind showing me to my room?" I hear his deep voice behind me and I ignore the goosebumps it gives me.
I walk two more steps and open one of the doors to the extra rooms. This room is by Amber's, she'll like that.
"Whose room is that?" He points to the door across from his.
"Amber's."
"How many rooms are there?"
I narrow my eyes, where he going with this? "Four. But you'll want this room. It has a bathroom the other one doesn't." I explain.
"I'd like to see the other one anyway." I shrug and make my way up the stairs. Walking to the first door, I open the door showing him the room. Yeah, it's bigger but the bathroom is across the hall.
"I'll take this one." He states. Well, I tried Amber.
I nod and walk to my room and close the door. This is depressing. I won't ever get to experience anything with my dad always interfering. I lay down on my bed unwinding from today. I hear a knock on my door and Amber peeks her head in.
"Can I come in?"
"Of course." I answer, as she comes in and shuts the door.
"OMG! He's so hot!" Her excitement is plain to see.
I laugh. "Whatever, he's a nark and all yours. I tried to force him in the room downstairs, but he wanted the bigger one."
"It doesn't matter. I will have my way with him eventually."
I chuckle, unlike me, Amber has had a few boyfriends. She is also the oldest of her two sisters, Adelia and Annie. Uncle J.J. isn't as interfering in her personal life as bad as my dad is in mine.
"I don't care. You keep him busy so I can live a little. I'd like to meet someone. I don't want him reporting to my dad every time I talk to a guy."
"I'll try my best. But come on, even you have to admit he's delicious. His body! He's so tall, I can't wait to climb him." She says, her voice dreamy.
"If you're going to talk about getting it on with the giant, go back to your room." I tell her, disgusted.
There's a knock on my door. I roll my eyes and don't say anything. "Come in." Amber answers, before I can stop her.
The giant opens the door, "I'm ordering pizza, do you want anything?"
"Yep, a small cheese pizza and a ten piece hot wing." I say, my stomach growling.
"I'll have whatever you're having." Amber replies, batting her eyelashes.
He shuts the door without saying anything. Amber's phone rings and she answers it.
"Hey, mom. Yeah, I don't really care though. I mean the guy is so hot. What was dad thinking when letting him stay here with us?.....What! How does he know?" She asks, disappointed. As she listens her mouth drops open and turns to me. "Nixon is gay!"
I laugh. Only Amber would set her sights on a gay man.
"Stop laughing, idiot! It's not funny. That can't be true." She complains to Aunt Jenny.
I decide to watch a little television while we wait for the pizza to get here. I give a wave and head out the door letting her complain to her mother about the injustice of cute gay guys. When I get to the living room I notice the giant has made himself at home on one of the couches. I sit on the other without speaking to him.
"Is there something you wanted to watch?" He questions, politely.
"No, this is fine." I actually, wanted to watch this. He's watching ESPN Sports Center, it replays all the sports highlights I missed. Amber hates it, but seeing as we have a guy in the house now, I think she'll be outvoted. I watch Prince Fielder hit a home run. I love baseball, it's my sport, the Detroit Tigers are my favorite. Yes, I know where I'm from, but my heart is with the Tigers. Every year they get better and better. They're a great team to watch and their coach, Jim Leyland, is awesome. I don't realize I'm smiling when Coach Leyland comes on TV talking in his monotone voice, completely bored with the questions he's answering.
"You like the Tigers."
"No, I love the Tigers." I correct.
"Shouldn't you like the Athletics or the Angels?"
I shrug. "I can't help it, they're an awesome team to watch."
"Leyland is boring to listen to though, I hate his press conferences."
"Bitch says what?! Careful, I love that man." I warn.
He grunts, "Him? You can do better than that."
"I don't want any better. My heart is his." I reply, seriously.
He grunts again as Amber comes into the room plopping down next to him on the couch. "Sports Center, how many times do you have to watch this?" She complains.
"Every day, it's always different, dummy." I answer.
"I'm sure Nixon would like to watch something else." She complains.
"Actually, I'm the one that put this on." He replies, motioning toward the TV with his head.
"See." I state. "Where's my pizza, I'm starving?"
"It should be here soon." Nixon answers.
    Five minutes later the doorbell rings and I rush to answer it. I'm about to open the door when I feel an arm go around my waist pulling me back. He has me in the air then sets me down behind him without saying a word. He opens the door , the guy delivering the pizza steps back quickly. I think giant scared him.
"Hey, Anthony." I say, looking around Nixon.
Anthony smiles. "I thought I had the wrong condo for a second." He states, relieved.
"Nope, this giant is our new temporary roommate." I explain. "How's school?"
"Fine, but football is taking up a lot of time, it's kind of hard to study and work." He answers, honestly.
"Well, good luck with USC. They're looking fierce this year." I comment.
"Yeah, I know. Thanks." He says, I see he's blushing a little before Nixon slams the door.
"That was rude." I state, angrily.
"I'm hungry." He remarks, walking to the couch. He sets down the boxes and I grab mine, taking out a slice and eating it quickly.
"You're still an asshole. He's a nice guy and didn't deserve your rudeness." I say, between bites.
"He wants you." He comments, watching the TV and eating his pizza.
I scoff. "So, like I said he's a good guy. He's in college at UCLA on scholarship, working nights and sometimes during the day. Bringing money home for his single mother, who's raising his two younger sisters." I point my finger at him. "You owe him an apology."
"Who are we talking about?" Amber looks between us confused.
"Anthony, he delivered the pizza and Nixon rudely slammed the door in his face."
"Oh, he's a good guy. I swear he's in love with Emmy but he's too shy to act on it, like most guys." Amber tells Nixon.
"Most guys?" He inquires.
"Yeah, most guys are interested but intimidated by Emmy. You'll see it when we go out."
I roll my eyes, I've heard this all before. Amber calls me bait. I bait the guys and when they wuss out and don't talk to me, she swoops in. I don't think that's what's happening, but I don't say anything, it's not worth arguing about.
After my third piece of pizza, I open my wings eating all of them. I'm stuffed when I lay out on the couch, watching more game highlights. I fall asleep.