Ch. 27

Sorry for the delay!!! XOXO

I hug my parents goodbye and Nixon waits penitently behind me. He nods to my mom and dad then we leave. As we drive to Nixon's house I look around at everything, hoping to see someone following us or looking our way, there's nothing. Tall, brown hair and lanky. What the hell does lanky mean? I need to talk to Amber. "I think I should talk to Amber."

He hands me my cell phone and I look at his accusingly. "I didn't take it, I just saw it in the cup holder when we got in." He replies defensively and I roll my eyes. I find Amber's number and hit send. She answers after a few rings. "Hey, bitch." She greets sounding bored.

"Hey, I'm so sorry about what happened last night. That's so creepy and you were alone. Are you okay?"

"Tell me about it. I"m okay, just completely freaked out, we know him Emmy."

"I know, that's what they said."

"No, I know I recognized him. I just cant think of who it is, it was only a split second but his build and his hair. I know him and so do you." She responds adamantly.

"I cant think of anyone who would do this."

"Me either."

"Ask her what he was wearing." Nixon orders.

"Amber, what was he wearing?"

"He was wearing dark jeans, a black shirt and he had on a backpack." I didn't see any of his face just the back of him, but he definitely works out he had nice arms."

"I thought you said he was lanky?"

"He was, he was tall with long defined arms."

I think about everyone at the office and no one comes to mind. "This is so irritating! I don't know anyone like that, yet there are tons of tall brown haired guys at the office."

"He was really tall, taller then most guys. I don't have anything else. I didn't chase after him I was too freaked out, I just called my dad."

I feel horrible for her I don't know what I would have done if that was me alone in the house all night with some stranger. "You did the right thing." I say sympathetically.

"No I should have went to the window, or followed him. He didn't even see me, I could have seen who it was." She states, clearly upset with herself.

"Amber you were shocked and scared. I would have done the same thing."

"Well, want to do something today? I know you need to go shopping for underwear. He took it all, even your dirty stuff."

"Are you kidding me? Ugh, that's disgusting."

"Tell me about it. So, are you in for some girl shopping? Your mom and mine included."

"Sounds good to me. Set everything up and call me back."

"Alright, later."

"Bye." I hang up and look at Nixon who has already parked in the driveway, waiting for me to finish talking.

"Where do you think your going?"

"Shopping with all the girls. I need new underwear, he even took the ones out of my dirty laundry." I answer and shutter thinking about it.

I see his teeth clench and his eyes go cold he shakes his head and opens his truck door. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that part. I open my door and he meets me as I get out.

"I'm going shopping with you."

"Nope, girls only buddy." I deny him.

"I'm going." He states, as he takes my hand and we walk to the front door.

"Nixon its the middle of the day and I will be with three other women. I'll be fine."

"I know you will, because I'll be there with you."

I roll my eyes. "We better find this guy soon." I mutter under my breath.

"We will." He replies.

We walk into the house and I look around I missed the detailed wood work and the beautiful hardwood floors. "This is such a nice house." I say, running my hand along the banister on the stairs.

"You didn't see all of it yesterday."

"I know. Would you like to show me?"

He smirks and turns to the stairs, on the second floor he turns right and opens a door it's a nice size. "How many rooms are there?" I ask.

"Four."

I look at him shocked. "Why would you buy a house with four bedrooms?"

His smirk returns. "Don't worry, we'll fill it."

"We each get an office?" I question. Knowing what he really means.

"You know that's not what I meant."

"Babies? What's your rush with them anyway? It's not like you have a time limit, your juice never expires. You can be eighty and still turning kids out."

"I have a plan for this room." He states, ignoring my question. "It'll be the nursery. Come here." He says, walking into the room. I see he has paint samples on the wall there's a nice tan color on the top above the white chair rail and on the bottom he has a navy blue.

"Planning on a boy?" I ask.

"Yeah. I was thinking we could make a Detroit Tigers nursery. I figured you'd like that."

I look at the colors and back to Nixon. "What if it's a girl?"

"Then we'll save this for our boy. The colors are still neutral enough to be a guest room."

My mouth drops open. "You want to plan kids before we are even ready to have them?"

"A plan never hurts."

"And just how many 'plans' are you making?"

"I don't know. At least five."

"Five kids are you crazy?" I yell.

"I want a big family. How many do you want?"

"Two! Three at the most."

"Well, twins run in your family. If we have twins that only counts as one." He replies, sounding serious. I'm at a loss for words until he looks at me and I see him smirking, letting me know he's joking.

I punch his arm. "I thought you were serious, you ass. You scared the shit out of me."

My phone rings and I see its Amber. "Hey, so when are we going?" I ask right away.

"You're mom is picking me and my mom up in twenty minutes and then we're coming to get you. Why didn't you tell me your engaged?" She shouts.

"I was more worried about the panty snatcher it kind of slipped my mind. Plus, I know you don't like him."

"That's true, but I still should have been told. My mom knew before I did."

"Sorry." I apologize, feeling a little bit guilty. I'm going to have to tell Mark too, that's not going to be fun.

"Well, get ready and bring your visa card you owe me a pair of new shoes."

"Fair is fair. See you soon."

"Later."

"Bye." I respond and hang up.

"I'm leaving in the next half hour and I will call when I am headed back. Try not to worry too much."

"I told you I'm going with you."

"And I told you it was girls only."

"Fine, but you better call me every half hour or text me letting me know your okay."

"Deal." I say, knowing not to fight anymore. I pull on his shirt until he brings his mouth to mine and I kiss him.

"Thanks for not being too difficult about this."

He grunts unhappily. "Its not like you gave me a choice."