Ch. 23

Nixon's POV

I'm on one knee looking at a stunned Emery. I can see that she's shaking and when she starts to back away, I grab her hand and pull her towards me. I take the ring out and I'm about to put it on her finger, when she pulls her hand from mine. I watch as she holds on to her left hand like it got burned. What the hell is she doing?

"Nixon." She says, shaking her head no.

I stand up. She's rejecting me. I feel my blood boil. "Are you saying, no?" I ask, keeping my temper in check.

"Its too soon, I can't. After everything that just happened..." She trails off.

I close my eyes, breathing deeply I say, "I can give you more time." I open my eyes and she's all the way to the door.

"I should go." she replies, nervously.

"Come here." I order, I don't like her backing away from me. Its not my fault her brother came by, or that she wouldn't listen to me. She doesn't move just watches me wearily. I walk to her and cup her cheek in my hand raising her face to look at me. "I'll give you the time you need, but I don't want you around Mark. If I see you around him again, I'm going to lose it." I warn her. "Until you accept this ring, I'm going to be very possessive and controlling. I want you to listen to me when I ask you to do something, understand?"

"Fuck you, Nixon." She glares, standing up straight. I smirk at her attitude, remembering her feistiness the first time I met her.

"We will be doing plenty of that, princess."

"No, we wont." She replies, jerking her face out of my hand and walking backward. I step forward closing the distance between us.

"Stop being so difficult. I just explained myself, I want you to listen to me."

"You think I'm the one being difficult?" She throws up her hands and turns to walk away. I grab her arm and bring her against me.

"Yes, your the one not listening. I hate when you don't listen to me." I kiss her neck.

"Nixon, please stop. I want to go home."

"You are home." I state with finality.

"No, Nixon."

"Just say, yes. Say, you'll marry me." I respond, prying her hand and from her chest and trying to put the ring on her finger. Her hand is in a fist making it impossible. "Just a simple, yes." I state.

Emery's POV

I knew he was possessive and pushy, but right now he is being completely ridiculous. I don't know how to handle him. I am so far out of my league with him, he's used to control and I hate being controlled. I hate him telling me what to do and how I should act. I cant do this, I cant be with someone like him. I feel like I'm being rushed into things that I don't want to do and I feel like it doesn't matter to him. If Nixon wants it, he gets it, nothing else matters.

"I don't want to see you anymore. I don't want to marry you, ever." I answer, scared shitless.

I feel his body respond to my words. His grip on my arm and hand tighten and he's completely still. "I'm not going to let you go. You're mine."

"Not anymore, Nixon. I liked you, but you never listen to me. Your only concerned about what you want."

"Have I not taken care of you? I've made your meals, shopped for you, I bought you a fucking ring! I want to marry you and you break up with me!" He yells, enraged.

I feel his hands tighten even more and I whimper as his fingers dig into my already bruised arms. "Nixon, stop you're hurting me." I beg. He lets me go instantly.