Chapter 43 - "I'm never coming back to you"

Its graduation day! Ah! How I miss that day! The memories *wipes tears*

"Oh my God, you look beautiful honey!" Aunt brings my face down to kiss my forehead. "I am so incredibly proud of you" She says as a tiny tear escapes from the corner of her eye.

"I wish your mum and dad could be here today. It would be a great feeling to see their little girl graduating. But since they are not here, I decided to pick up a camera! I'm going to record the entire ceremony!" Wait, what?

"Um don't you think clicking pictures would be just fine?" I say as I fix my hair.

"Of course NOT!" She starts moving around the room, looking for something. "Where's the camera now?"

"You can always use the one on your phone" I mumble lowly but her face lights up.

"Yes! Why didn't I think of that? Can you just teach me how to use it?" She starts walking towards me again. I roll my eyes.

"I've taught you a dozen times!" I shout and walk out of the room. I helped her into making a Snapchat account and explained her how all the features worked. The next thing I know, she kept playing with the filters and sending snaps to me!

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I am dragged out of my thoughts. I pull it out to see a message from Maria.

Will you join us later for our last hangout?

The message made so emotional. The thought of never seeing all these people again made me sad.

Of course!

I didn't have to think twice. I put the phone back in and headed out the door to see if Max was ready with the car. Its a nice day today. Looks like the beginning of spring. The sun shined at its full but not in a harsh way. I liked the way its rays touched my skin, making it feel alive. I do a quick little walk over to the garage and as expected, he was leaning on the bonnet. As soon as he noticed me, he put his hat on and tipped it at me. I nodded back with a smile.

"I'm so happy for you, Miss Ally. I still can't believe the year's gone! It went so fast" He says with his hands behind his back as he stood in front of me.

"Thank you so much Max. Yes, it did go by very fast!" My mind quickly does a recap of all the things that happened since I came to live in this mansion.

"Are we ready to go?" He asks as he glances at his watch. I quickly glance at mine and if we don't leave now, we're going to be late.

"Aunt! Are you coming?!" I shout at the top notch of my voice, standing on the porch.

"Yes yes I am. Hold on a minute!" She shouts back and I roll my eyes.

After 10 minutes, she appears in her white and yellow gown with her makeup on point. Sometimes, her makeup puts me to shame. I look at my reflection on the door. My hair was down, with a few highlights I got for prom, my blue tshirt with black jeans wasn't what I really liked but I am going to put on the robe either way so it hardly matters. My makeup was decent and so were my white converse. I get into the car after aunt. Max speeds off and the only thing that captures my mind is will I be able to see him today.

~*~*~*~

"All of you, please take your seats in the front rows. And no pushing" Our coach shouted over the voice of the over-excited teenagers who had just slipped on their yellow graduation robes. A good 70% of them were busy clicking pictures and the rest were pushing each other to get a seat. What a scene!

I continuously keep scanning the crowd to see if he is here. But my eyes return unsatisfied each time. I sit the second in row because we were arranged in the order of our names. A girl named Allison sat the first and a boy called Argon sat after me. And yes, I am seeing them for the first time. The girl keeps biting her finger nails, out of nervousness I guess. Soon, the principal climbed over the stage and started the speech. I look around again and behind me to see if he is there but he isn't. Maybe, he is not coming. All of the students are busy talking in whispers and some of them are on their phones. No one is paying attention to the principal's speech. Not one.