Chapter 38 - "Am I forgiven?"

Its been almost 2 months since Nathan and I have been together as a couple but it still feels like just yesterday that we went on our 'first' date. We've been going out a lot after that, and not many people know of us. In the Halloween party we were having a little 'moment' and someone saw us, so Nathan covered it up saying 'he was drunk and had no idea what he was doing.' People keep looking at the two of us now and we no more care. I don't mind if anyone finds out but I tend to hold it in for Jule. Yep, we've still not made up and lets say I have been managing to ignore him all along. The last time Nathan met me outside school was on Thanksgiving. He took me home to meet his mother and that was the best lunch I've ever had. It was a very memorable day and I am always going to remember it. She liked me instantly and gave me a warm welcome.

I look up the date on the calendar and it reads 5th of December. We have our last exam today and then its Christmas break! I'll probably be going to London but aunt wouldn't let dad do that. As for now, I look at my reflection in the mirror, grab my bag and head out for the last exam.

~*~*~

"I can't believe we are done! We are done with senior year, we are done with high school. Its still not sinking in." Candice blabbers as we walk out of our exam hall. I keep searching for Nathan but I can't see him anywhere.

"I thought you'd save that reaction for graduation day" I mumble without looking at her.

"I wanted to, but I cannot. Its just coming out! Arghh, aren't you feeling anything at all?" I just shake my head.

"We are still months away from getting out of school, so no. I am not feeling anything.'' And I somehow feel like its only me, not feeling anything. All around the crowded hallways, there's not one person as silent as me. Everyone is jumping around, shouting, cheering and dancing.

"What are you so busy with? Don't tell me you are looking for Nathan again" Candice sounds irritated.

I don't reply and she gets the answer. I keep scanning the crowds continuously but he is still not in sight. My phone starts to ring and when I see its Nathan, a smile forms on my face.

"There we go" Candice rolls her eyes. I stick out my tongue at her.

"Where are you?" I try to sound angry but I don't.

"I am sorry, pumpkin. Had to go out with the boys on the football team to celebrate. I kinda forgot to tell you" I can hear boys shouting and music playing loudly.

"I hate you" I hang up on that and slip the phone in my pocket again.

"Where were you?" We hear a familiar voice and both of us turn around.

"Ross, where were you?" I ask back and he just shrugs his shoulders.

"Around the hallways, looking for someone but all of you just disappeared. And like the past months, Jule doesn't want to talk so..." He leaves it at that and Candice stands on the toes to peck his lips. I turn around to give them some privacy, not actually, but because I cannot tolerate their grossiness? Is that a word? But you get me. As I am looking at people celebrating all around, I see a familiar face in the crowd, staring back at me.

"Guys, I'll be right back" I'm not sure they heard me but I start walking towards him. As soon as he notices that, he starts walking outside and I follow him. Its difficult to keep up with him with this crowd. I keep losing him out of sight once or twice as I am busy making my way through the whole population of excited teenagers.

"Wait" I shout but he keeps walking. He walks out and finally hears my call. We are now behind the school building.

"Wait, Jule" I say, bending down to catch my breath.