Chapter 24 - Goodbye Nathan

"Honey, get up. You're getting late for school." I hear someone shaking me trying to wake me up.

But no. I am not going to wake up. It would only bring me back to face the reality, bring me in a world where Nathan and I were no more together. It's not like we ever were. But you know what I mean. After what happened yesterday, I cannot stop the tears. So turns out, I had to lock myself up in my room or aunt would be all worried. Because I don't cry often.

But when I do, I fill oceans.

I still need time to be prepared for it all to hit me. 'In-the-face kinds.'

"Ally, baby you need to get up." No auntie, I am not getting up.

But I cannot trouble her. So I roll to the side and manage to sit up. With my morning-hair all over me.

"You've been sleeping unusually longer. Are you alright?" Aunt asks me, her voice covered with concern, her hands clearing my beautiful hair out of my face.

"Yes, I'm - I'm good." I say yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"That's good to know. Now hurry up. You don't want to be late, do you?" She says, getting up and turning around to leave.

"I've made some  pumpkin pie as well. This time of the year, a real good pumpkin produce comes out and so I thought maybe you'd love to have some. Your uncle had his fingers licking." She is almost talking to herself, giggling and blushing. I throw my head back and the memories of yesterday, flash against me. I turn to the left to sleep again and my eyes fall upon the clock.

Uh oh.

I gotta freaking run. There is no time to bath, so I change into leggings, my favourite jumper and pull my hair into a bun. Doing quick makeup, especially eye-liner so that my eyes don't look sleepy, and putting on my boot heels, I rush out of my room.

"Are you ready?" Aunt gets up from her chair.

"Oh yes I am. I'm sorry, I have absolutely no time for a nice chit chat. I m so late. Have you seen Max?"

"Yes. He is getting your car ready." Great!

"Thank you. Catch ya later! Bye!" I peck her cheek and run out.

I can see Max washing the BMW.

"Can you please hand me the keys?" I ask politely to Max.

"Huh?" He asks confusingly.

"The keys." I repeat. He produces the keys from his pocket.

"Thank you." I kind of snatch them from him and get into the driver's seat, earning a surprised look from Max. He backs away and stops washing the car.

"Maybe you should take the day off." I wink at him and drive off. Only five minutes. I gotta be fucking Fast and Furious shit.

~*~

"Why do you look like you had been trying to escape the wolves, like running for your life?" Candice asks me, making no sense at all, as we find our regular place in English. I drop my bag and set my books on the desk.

"Is it th-?" I am asking her but  familiar voice cuts me off.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Peter. What does he want?

"Umm sure!" I look at Candice who gives me a what-the-hell-is-going-on look. I just shrug my shoulders in return.

Peter walks out and I follow him. We stand on one side of the hallway.

"What is it?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I was wondering if you could help me." Fear is written all over his face.