Chapter 25 - "It's not like you don't hurt me"

Finally I am updating! Sorry but college is getting hectic! Hope you guys like the new member. *wink*

The entire school was cheering and clapping while I hid behind the crowd. I can see Nathan looking around before stepping inside the bus. His eyes fly across me and I duck my head quickly. I don't want to have anything more with him anymore but excuse the girl inside me, I cannot stop myself from wanting to see him.

So even after arguing with myself for some good 40 minutes, I end up here to catch a last glimpse of him before he leaves. I slowly try to peek a glance over the shoulder of the boy standing ahead of me. All the boys on the team, are now in the bus and the engine of the bus roars to life.

"What are you doing here?" I turn around and see Angelina in her cheerleader costume with Annie beside her side in the same white and blue attire.

Why can't she leave me alone?

I roll my eyes. Yes, I choose to ignore her.

"What? You don't have the courage to look at us in the eye?" I hear Annie laugh. Really?

Don't respond Ally. You know they are not worth it.

I think its best if I leave now. I try to look at the bus one last time. Other girls in the same cheerleader costume as Annie and Angelina are getting inside the bus.

Oh no. Don't tell me Angelina and Nathan are going to be together for one entire week.

Like they haven't already done what you're thinking about.

Ughh. I wince at the thought.

"Wishing you could get on the bus as well?" Angelina drags me out of my thoughts and I turn back to her.

I am about to reply with a sassy comment but Jule appears on the sight, gesturing me to be silent.

"What are you doing here love? I have been looking for you all over the place," he says brushing a strand of my hair away from my face. He leans in to kiss my cheek and this time my heart does start beating a little unusually. Wrapping one arm around me he turns to face the two idiots standing in front of us.

"Oh, seems like you are busy." He says eyeing Angelina and Annie.

"Of course not. You see, no one is interested in talking to your girlfriend here." She says, making faces. Annie giggles.

"I'm glad to know that." Jule replies looking back at me, his blue eyes piercing into mine. "At least I can sleep at peace, now that I know that nobody's gonna steal my girl." He smiles at me and I cannot help but return it.

Why couldn't I just fall for Jule?

Right. I don't like easy things.

"Angie?" I hear a familiar voice and my heart starts thumping loudly. I turn around to look at him.

"Angie everybody's looking for-" Nathan stops mid-way as our eyes meet. I can see the hurt on his face very clearly, when he sees Jule's arm around my waist and once again I regret being this close to Jule.

I know I'm hurting you Nathan. I'm sorry.

Before he can continue where he left off, Angie jumps up and hugs him.

It's not like you don't hurt me.

He is still looking at me and I cannot look at him straight in the eye. I look at the ground.

"Good luck man!" Jule shakes hands with him when Angie pulls back.

"Thanks" That's all he says before turning around to leave again.