Chapter 40 - "You are the piece of me, I wish I didn't need"

"A right from here" I instruct the driver. We are almost there and my heart races like insane. His house comes into view and I gulp down my fear.

"That's it." I say pointing to the house in front.

"That?" Dad seems pretty shocked. I don't understand why. Or maybe I do.

"Yep" I don't make eye contact with him. The driver cuts off the engine and we remain seated in the car. What, he doesn't want to meet him now? Seconds turn to minutes and dad still doesn't get out. He seems deep in thought. There settles a very awkward silence in the car

"Lets get back to home" Dad says, letting out his breath. "Its 6'o clock already. We'll come back some another day" He smiles at me and pats my head.

As the driver reverses the car, I keep looking at the house in which sat the boy I liked, the boy who I cannot live without, the boy who I want to spend the rest of my life with. But the house keeps fading out of view and I let it.

~*~*~*~

We are now home and as we climb up the stairs to the entrance, we hear mom and aunt's excited chirping.

"Well, well look who's back!" Mom exclaims and I just lay down on the couch.

"I am sooo tired" I say sleepily and all of them start laughing.

"Go, get fresh. I'll ask to get the table ready" Aunt excuses herself and walks off into the kitchen.

"Your mum and I have to go for some work after dinner. So we'll leave shortly" How can dad still have stamina to do work after that tiring day. I just nod and look at mum. Seems like she isn't really clear about what work.

"I'm full already. I'll go sleep" I say without waiting for their response and start upstairs. Its only 6:30 or 7:00 but I am done for the day. As soon as I enter the room, I throw myself over the bed with my boots on. I pull up the blanket and take off my beanie. Time to get some quality sleep.

~*~*~*~

"You're so beautiful" I hear someone murmur but I'm still in my deep sleep to care. But wait, I heard the voice so does that mean I am not sleeping anymore?

"All I want is to spend the rest of my life with you" I hear a deep sexy voice. The voice that made shivers run down my spine. All I want is to spend the rest of my life, listening to his voice. I turn around in my bed and my face comes into contact with something hard. But that hard things seems to be covered in leather. And it smells so good. Smells of musk and lavender. Smells of Nathan Hale.

Am I really dreaming? I try to open my eyes and feel an arm pulling me closer to the leather-hard thing. I feel his lips on my forehead and I snuggle closer to him.

"You didn't call today" I say wrapping my arms around him. Still sleepy.

"I called a gazillion times. You didn't pick up" I hear him chuckle in the darkness.

"Hmm" I say and smell in his scent.

"I want to talk to you. So can you just keep your sleep aside for some time" He sounds serious but what the hell? I am not ignoring my sleep. Nah ah.

"Come back tomorrow then" I hold him tighter as I say that. Just so he gets it that I don't want him to leave now.

"It will be too late" He whispers in a way which makes me think that I wasn't supposed to listen it. But guess what? I just did.

"Promise you'll be quick and then we'll cuddle and have a cute sleep" I say against his leather jacket and he starts laughing.

"You're seriously sleeping, aren't you? I promise I'll be quick" He helps me sit up, much against my resistance. Blame his muscular arms. As we lean against the headboard of the bed, I rest my head on his shoulder and tug my hand with his, entwining our fingers.