Chapter 28 - "Nathan freaking Hale is back!"

Dedicated to the new member of the squad @Sukirti62 Enjoy!

"Look in here now", the doctor asked me to look into the torch. He was performing the last test, to be sure that I can be discharged now. He was a man in his 30s with a hint of subtle beard around his chin and green eyes. But he was irritating for sure. 15 minutes already into this test and he was still not able to decide whether I should be going home or not. Maybe he's not always this confused. Maybe it's just because of the warnings that dad and uncle gave him that if I am not given the required amount of care and attention, they'd pull the hospital down. This doctor is such a coward, he doesn't even know that they cannot do anything with this. 

"Looks great. There shouldn't be a problem. Still if there's any problem you face, please visit me immediately " I just  rolled my eyes. Whatever.

I get up and walk past him. If I face a problem, there'd be doctors better than you, visiting me. Duh! 

I walk out of the room and see Jule and Kate there. Jule gets up  immediately  as soon as he sees me. Kate keeps herself busy with her phone. She looks up once and then continues to do whatever she was doing.

"How did it go Al?" Kate asks me, not looking up from the phone. The sight of her makes me cry. There sits she, in her Michael Kors sundress, and here I am, in these stupid hospital clothes.

"Good." I reply looking at Jule, who was playing with my hands. His blue eyes hold mine and he leans in to gently kiss me on my right cheek. During this, his chin accidentally hits my nose which was covered in bandages. 

"Oh my God I am so sorry." He starts apologizing. I just smile. 

"I'm fine Jule." I say to him and he smiles taking me in a hug.

"I miss you so much. School is really boring. I know now." He says against my hair. I smile, inhaling his perfume. 

"Cmon dude it's only been 3 days. And okay you don't like to be with us. Yeah that's fine." I hear Ross's voice from behind me but I don't leave Jule's arms. I keep myself encircled in them. It felt nice to be here.

"Seriously though, get some space guys." Kate says not looking up from her phone.

I see uncle and aunt behind Ross. I learn that they are here to clear the paperwork so that I'd be free to go.

Finally I'll be leaving this sick place.

~*~

Once home, I take a nice hot shower and then change into my VS pjs, pull my hair up into a bun and make myself comfortable on the sofa in my room. I pick my headphones from my desk, plug them it phone and start the music. Closing my eyes, I rest my neck over the sofa.

I'm deeply engrossed in my song therapy when my phone vibrates.

An Instagram notification. I open it. 

Nathan_22 likes your photo. It said. My heart skips a beat and my eyes widen. Just seeing his name makes butterflies flutter in my stomach. 

I head over to his Instagram page. No recent updates. 

And then I land over Angelina Clarke's. 

Her recent picture is of herself and Nathan, standing with a Starbucks cup in their hands. It makes me sad. 

And I thought both of us were willing to give a second chance. 

I switch off my phone and throw it over the bed. Rubbing my palms over my face, I get up and resume with the work dad asked me to complete. There are so many files to go through and make ready yet and I kept wasting time over Instagram. I have only 4 more days before I'll be going to London for the meeting. I need to complete this today itself.