Chapter-8 Getting not-so-popular

4 months later (September):

All these months and I still hadn't made one friend in gym. Thankfully myself and Taylor were getting along better now. After gym, the both of us went around the school to catch on with the others but they were nowhere to be seen. We finally ended up in the park. I made myself comfortable on a swing and Taylor did the same next to me.

"We never had a swing park in my old school. Its really nice to have it here." I said unlocking my phone and checking for the messages.

"No high school in the entire States - I guess - has a swing park. Only middle schools do. But yeah it is nice to have these."

I had a text message from mom to call her at night and a good morning message from Ross. I typed them my replies.

"Did you get your name registered?" Taylor asked.

"Registered for what?"

"The midyear ba-" She stopped midway. I looked up to see why she stopped but found her to be looking at something- rather someone. Following her gaze, I saw a boy who I gather was talking to Nathan in the parking lot this morning. He had brown hair, green eyes and was quite good looking but totally not my type. The boy was flirting with the girl who asked about my Gucci handbag that one fine morning on my first gym day. Not Angelina, but the other one. Soon they both started kissing and Taylor flinched next to me.

"You alright?" I asked her.

"Why do you even care?"

Seriously, what in the entire dreaded hell was wrong with this girl. Ever since we've met she's being that rude. She hopped off the swing and went inside the school. I had no need to follow her. I was better on my own.

I looked at the couple again. They were literally eating each other's faces out. Gross. I was about to look away when I saw Nathan joining them. He patted the boy on his back and soon the three of them started talking and laughing. It wasn't much later when The Queen Bee, herself, graced them with her presence. Hearing the bell go, I picked up my backpack and headed for the lockers where I knew I would meet Jule and I looked forward to meeting him.

Jule was nowhere to be seen but Candice sure was. She caught up with me on my way to my class. Umm not really to class. I still had fifteen minutes.

"Where were you? I looked for you in the entire building!" She said.

"Funny cause I did the same."

"No you didn't. Don't lie little girl."

Okay but who told her I was a little girl?

"You sure you don't want to eat anything?" Candice asked me as we headed to the cafeteria because she complained that she woke late and had no time for breakfast so was basically dying to get food in her body since morning

"Yeah I am pretty sure."

"Alright. No one's joining us I guess. Could you find a table for us while I just go and grab something?"

"Yeah!"

I picked up the one closest to me. Candice soon returned with the large tray of food. How is she gonna finish all of that within ten minutes? She kept talking about things I didn't really pay any attention to. The only thing that caught my attention was Nathan and his group passing by.

"Umm Candi..?"

"Yes?" She asked, her mouth stuffed with the food.

"Who is that girl next to Nathan?"

"Who, Angelina? A total bitch. Don't even try an mess with her. She could insult you in front of the entire school. Boys are like some kind of toys for her. She plays with them and throws them away. But with Nathan, they have been together for like over two months, obviously the typical footballer-cheergirl couple. To be honest, sometimes it seems like Nathan doesn't really care about her and she gets way too clingy."