Chapter 37 - "Will you be mine?"

Dedicated to another of my reader! Enjoy!

I put on my light blue hoodie and (with the word 'Brit' written on in in white) black Michael Kors jeans. I let my hair fall free. I don't feel like doing anything with them so I just ease out the tangles and let them be like that. No heat, no elastics. Let them have a night as well! I slip on my white converse and take one last glance at myself in the mirror. That reflection was true. It felt like I am naked to my soul today. No fake things to make me look like a 'better' me. It reflected the 'real' me, the classy girl who loved hoodies and converse. Yeah! Now we're talking. I look at the clock and it reads 6:45 pm. Uh oh. Nathan could be here any minute. I need to get down and explain aunt where I'm going and more importantly with whom I'm going. I quickly unplug my phone from the charger and slip it in my pocket. I look around the room to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. All set! Let's get on with it then.

I walk out of my room and start downstairs.

"Auntie?" I call out but no reply.

"You in there?" I call out as I walk into the kitchen. But there were only the maids cleaning the dishes and gossiping. I smile at them awkwardly and walk out. Where is she? As I still roam around the halls, I hear the intercom at our door give out a bling. Meaning, the guards want to talk. Seeing no one around, I walk ahead and accept to listen the message.

"There's a young boy, possibly of 19 here who introduces himself as Nathan Hale, Miss Ally's friend. However he hasn't been seen earlier. Should we let him in?" He is already here and I still haven't talked to her.

"Yeah let him in" I say and almost immediately I get an 'okay' reply.

I check in aunt's room once more, just in case I couldn't see her the last time but there are still no traces of her. Where does this woman keep disappearing? I stand in the middle of the hall and pull my phone out. I'll call her and tell I'm going out. As I'm about to turn the power on of my phone, I hear a car pull over.

That has to be Nathan. I slip the phone back in and rush to the door.

"My my, who might this handsome boy be looking for?" Wait, is that aunt's voice? I take down the stairs to the porch and speed walk towards the red Chevy in sight. Its dark already! How cool! I walk around the car and see Aunt and Nathan. She has garden scissors in her hands. So she was gardening the whole time.

"Uh actually he-" I start but Nathan cuts me off.

"I'm Nathan Hale. Ally's friend. And you must be the amazingly wonderful aunt she keeps talking about all day" He says with a dimpled smile and takes her hand, placing a light kiss on the back of it. He looks utterly hot in his white 'Ronaldo 19' full-sleeves shirt and blue jeans.

"Yes I am" Aunt replies with a blush. Is there any woman on this earth who remains totally unaffected by Nathan's charms?

"Hey!" I speak out to make them aware of my presence.

"Hello there, Miss 'Brit'?" He says, reading my hoodie. What's it with him and his Miss 'random names'?

"Hello hunnie. Are you two going out somewhere?" Aunt asks, her eyes flickering between myself and Nathan.

"Um yes. I was searching for you to let you know but you weren't anywhere to be seen" I blabber so I wouldn't have to let out the details of where and who is he.

"If I have your permission, I'd like to take Ally out tonight. You know, just hang out and eat something and have fun. I promise to get her home before its too late." He says, pursing his lips. Can he really be this chivalry kinds or am I dreaming?