Warrior

Jordan's POV
"WHO THE FUCK WAS THAT?!!!?" Derek yells. "Call the police." I whisper to Demi. "Whoa kid what are you doing?" She says grabbing my wrist. "Stopping him before he can hurt my sister." I say "Okay just be careful please?" She says I nod "I love you Demi." I say "Love you more kid." She says as I go down the hallway. I heard a slap that definitely sounded like it came from their bedroom and it was enough to set me off. "Get the fuck away from her!" I yell bursting through the door. "Jordan please get out" Lacey pleads as i see her holding her cheek. "You heard her get out kid!" Derek spat. "You shut the fuck up! in fact I'm giving you 5 minutes to pack up your shit and leave." I say "You can't tell me what to do! This is my fucking house!" He yells "I don't fucking care! Just get the fuck out! You're such a fucking dick!" I yell back at him. That when I hear it. The trigger and instantly I feel this immense pain in my side. "Jordan!!!" I hear my sister shout. She applies pressure to my wound as I look in her eyes. "Hey hey no stay with me babygirl. Stay awake." She says tears in her eyes. But soon I feel my eyes close.
At the hospital
I blink a few times for my eyes to adjust to the light. I feel this pounding headache. I look around to see I'm in an empty room. I walk out of the room and up to a secretary. "Um excuse me? Do you know where my sister is? I'm Jordan Parker." I say but she doesn't seem to hear me "Hey! Hello can you hear me?!" I say as I snap my fingers in front of her face. Then I see Demi with some flowers heading down a hallway. I decide to follow her instead. "Yo Demi how long have I been here?" I say expecting her to answer. But instead she just continues to walk into a elevator. "Seriously you can't hear me either!" I say frustrated. The elevator doors open and again I follow her into a room. As I walk in I see what looks like a girl laying on the bed hooked up to all these wires. She's got a bandage just below her ribs. "Hey kid." Demi says setting the flowers on the table beside the girl. Wait a second she only calls me "kid".
She sighs and runs her hands through her hair. "It's been a week since you got shot. I finally convinced your sister to get some rest. She hasn't left your side at all worrying she's gonna miss the moment you open your eyes. Kid if you can hear me right now please keep fighting. The doctors say they can only do so much until it's time to pull the plug. You're too young to die Jordan. You have so much to live for! Please Jordan don't stop fighting!" She says finishing her speech. Wait so I'm having an out of body experience. "Still nothing?" I hear a familiar voice say Demi looks up and gives the person a sad smile as she shakes her head. I look to see my sister Lacey,Mason,Alex,Cassie and Nate. "I hate seeing her like this." Nate says his usually mischievous eyes now show sadness. "So the bastard is in jail now right?" Mason asks "Yea the police arrested him after he shot Jordan." Demi says struggling to get out the last part. "Fucking dick!" Alex says her eyes look to be red from crying. No one looks as bad as Lacey though. Her usual full of happiness and hope eyes are now just dark. Eventually everyone leaves except for Lacey and Demi. I take a seat next to Lacey. "Demi do you think she's going to wake up?" She asks "Of course she's going to wake up. Listen Lacey she's a fighter and I'm sure she will stop at nothing to come back to you." Demi says reassuring my sister. "Demi remind me to thank you for looking out for my sister." I say even though I know she can't hear me. "But what if she doesn't?" Lacey says with tears in her eyes. "Don't think about that Lacey." Demi says pulling my sister into a hug as my sister sobs into her shoulder. Alright I've seen enough I need to wake up. "Come on Jordan wake up! You can do it just open your eyes." I say to myself when I hear all the machines going crazy. Doctors rush into the room as Demi and Lacey are shoved out of the room. "No!!! No!!! Jordan!!! Please!!!" My sister cries out as Demi pulls her out of the room. "NO NO NO WAKE UP! WAKE UP JORDAN WAKE UP! IM NOT GOING TO DIE NOT RIGHT NOW! WAKE THE FUCK UP!" I yell at myself. "Clear!" I hear the doctor shout as he shocks me. I feel myself disappear. "No no not right now! No I'm only 17! I don't deserve to die!" I say fighting to stay awake. I hear my heart monitor go flat as I vanish. I wake up gasping for air. "Jordan! Thank God oh Thank God!" Lacey says hugging me. "Hey Lace" I say as I wince at the pain in my abdomen. "Oh my god are you okay?" She says pulling away "Yea I'm just glad to see you." I say she smiles with tears in her eyes as she kisses my head. "Me too babygirl." She says "Glad to see you're awake kid" I hear another voice say. I look up to see Demi standing against the wall. "Glad to be awake Dems." I say smiling. They catch me up to speed as to everything that went on when I was out. Turns out that Mason and Lacey went to the actress' house and she agreed to speak in court. "Um you forgetting something Lacey?" Demi asks smirking as Lacey blushes. "What?" I ask "They may or may not have shared a kiss at the beach" Demi says "Finally! Mason grew a pair thank god!" I say as they laugh. "So what happens now?" I ask "Well Mom and Dad can not find out about this so I arranged for you to stay here until you recover." Lacey says "Also we filed a lawsuit against Wilmer so now all we have to do is wait for an email and then we go to court." Demi says. "Okay sounds great" I say yawning. "You should get some rest." Demi says "Sing please?" I ask she smiles and nods.
This is a story that I have never told. I need to get this off my chest to let it go. I need to take back the light inside you stole you're a criminal and you steal like you're a pro. All the pain and the truth I wear like a battle wound so ashamed so confused I was broken and bruised and now you're a warrior. Now you've got thicker skin. Now you're a warrior you're stronger than you've ever been. And your armor is made of steel they can't get in. You're a warrior and they can never hurt you again.
She smiles and kisses my forehead. "Sweet dreams Jordan. And wake up this time would ya?" She jokes as I chuckle and nod as I drift off to sleep.