Roadtrips and Brusies

Jordan's POV
"Alright you know what you're doing kid?" Demi asks I nodded. The plan was simple all I had to do was get passed my parents to go upstairs and pack a bag. We had already cleared the whole Road trip thing with Officer James turns out that it excuse me from school for a whole week! I got out of the passenger seat and went upstairs. "You're back finally." My mother says "Late shift." I answer coldly. "Look I know this is going to be hard but you're going to love it over there." She says "Would you just drop the subject! Both of you would you just stop talking about it when I'm not going to love it over there! I'm going to hate it! I'm going to hate it because I'm going to be millions of miles away from My sister and friends! Did you guys even consider my feelings in this! Of fucking coarse you didn't because you never do" I say storming upstairs and shutting the door. That was part of plan as well because every time I get mad my parents always give me at least an hour before talking to me. Which is all I needed. I emptied out my back pack and grabbed enough clothes to last me the week. I also got some of Lacey's clothes for Demi. I saw Demi waiting outside of my window for me. I tossed my backpack to her as I carefully climbed down from the roof. "Let's get out of here." Demi says as I nod. We get inside my car and drive out of my driveway. Officer James told us that he'd stall my parents for the whole week since he knew that I couldn't tell my parents about Demi. Demi offered to take the first part of the trip so I leaned my head against the window listening to my music. "Hey kid" Demi says grabbing my attention. "It's going to be okay. I'm not going to let them take you to England." I nod sighing. "Lacey is going to be pissed when she finds out about this. So will our group of friends." I say "Tell me about them. Your friends." She says "Well besides Lacey and I there's four. Two girls and Two boys. Mason is the oldest out of the group. He's like an older brother to all of us. He has feelings for Lacey and I just wish Lacey would open up her eyes and see that he's a way better option than her current douchebag of a boyfriend." I say making Demi chuckle. "He sounds like a nice guy." She says I nod "Then there's Nathan but we all call him Nate. He's the jokester always pulling pranks on all of us or making sarcastic comments. But when you need a shoulder to cry on he'll be there to dry your tears and listen to your problems no matter how small." I say continuing Demi nods smiling encouraging me to continue. "Next we have Cassie. She's a definite girly girl. She's an expert at relationship advice and fashion. She tried to convert me over to the dark side when I was like twelve but I saw Forever 21 and instantly was just like nope." I say as Demi and i both burst into laughter. "I can so see you doing that. Hot Topic is more like you." Demi says "You know me so well." I say as I stare out into the road thinking about the next person. "Alex is probably the one I've known the longest. She's Lacey's best friend so she's been around. She has long blonde hair with these green eyes that could make me do anything. Her smile can light up any room and her laugh is my favorite sound in the world." I say smiling "Whoa sounds like someone has a crush" Demi teases "Shut up!" I say shoving "It's true isn't it?" She asks I nodded blushing. "Awww that's so cute! Does Lacey know?"
"Everyone in the group knows except for her." I say "Why don't you grow a pair and ask her out?" Demi asks "Because I don't know how she feels about me. She keeps giving me all these mixed signals and I just really don't want to be rejected" I explain "Well that makes sense. But you're going to have to talk to her." Demi says "I know trust me I've tried but I just get so nervous and chicken out." I say "Well maybe you'll talk to her this time around." She says I nodded "Maybe" I say. The long hours on the road were filled with music and gas station stops. When we finally arrived I parked in the dorm parking lot. I knocked on Lacey's dorm room and her eyes widen as she's sees us both. "Jordan what the hell are you doing here?!" Lacey says hugging me. "You have mom and dad worried sick!" We walk into the dorm and I set my backpack down. I sat on the couch with Demi beside me. "Just let me explain please Lace?" I say "Okay fine." She says as I tell her about Harvard. "What the fuck are you going to do at Harvard?! Don't they know that you're way safer here than in England!!! You can visit Dad over the Summer you don't have to move there and leave everything you know here! Don't our parents think anymore!" Lacey says pacing back and forth. "My thoughts exactly." I say "Ugh! Don't worry I'll talk to them. They are so stupid sometimes." She says running her hand through her hair. Only then do I see something on her arm. It almost looks like someone was grabbing her forcefully. "Lace. What's that on your arm?" I ask "Nothing" she says quickly covering it. "Lacey-" I start but she cuts me off "you guys must be tired. Come on we have an extra room" Lacey says "We?" Demi asks just as the asshole comes out of the shadows. "Hey babe!" He greets my sister kissing her cheek sweetly. Demi and I exchange looks as he turns to us. "Hey Jordan and person I don't know." Derek says as Demi scoffs. I gave her a look of 'I told you so.' "Hey Derek and the person you don't know just happens to be Demi Lovato. Famous singer/songwriter. And your girlfriends idol." I say rolling my eyes. "Oh shit! My bad I can't really see it's so dark in here." He says turning on the light. "Why is Demi doing here?" He asks "Babe I told you we are trying to prove her innocent." Lacey says "Right!" He says snapping his fingers. "So Lovato you want a beer or something?" He asks Demi arches an eyebrow at him. "Water is fine." She says Derek shrugs. "Suit yourself." He says grabbing two waters and a beer for himself. "Lace where was that spare room?" I ask "Down the hall to your left" She says I nodded as I signaled Demi to follow me. I unpacked my backpack and changed into something comfortable while handing Demi some clothes as well. "You were right. He is an asshole" She says "Would I lie to you?" I ask she arches an eyebrow at me "Really?" She asks "That was one time!" I say defending myself as she chuckles.We get into bed and I sigh. "Demi?" I say "hm?" She hums running her fingers through my hair. "Is it just me or does Lacey look thinner?" I ask "Yea I noticed that too." She says "Demi I'm really worried about her." I say she nods "I know you are kid but we can't just jump to conclusions. Not until you know for sure." She says I nodded. She kisses my forehead "Get some rest Jordan it's been a long day." She says I nodded and let myself drift off into sleep.
Dream
"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I hear Derek say "Derek he's just a friend you know that!" Lacey says "Just a friend! Just a fucking friend! It didn't look like that when he had his arms around you!" He yells at her "He was trying to be nice!" Lacey yells as I peer into their bedroom "Yea right! You know what fuck you! You Slutty little bitch!" He says slapping my sister. "Oh hell no!" I mutter as he pulls out a gun. "This is last fucking time I let you get away with something like this!" He says my eyes widen as he pulls the trigger. "Lacey!" I say pushing her aside as the bullet hits me.

I wake gasping for air and tears are running down my face. "Hey hey babe look at me. It's okay you're okay" Demi says wrapping arms around me as she calms me down. "Shhhh it's okay." She says
My loves like a star yea you can't alway see me but you know that I'm always there. When you see one shining take it as mine and remember I'm always near. If you see a comet baby on it making my way back home. Just follow the glow yea it won't be long just know that you're not alone.
I calm down instantly just listening to her sing. "Another nightmare. I thought those stopped" Demi says "No this one was different. He shot me this time." I say "I'm not going to let that happen I promise. I will do everything I can to protect you." She says i nod as we lay back down. She hums the rest of her song as well as a few others before I fall back into a dreamless sleep.
A/N: Double update! So what do you guys think? Do you think Derek is abusing Lacey? Are Jordan's dreams true? Will Demi keep her promise? Hope you guys are enjoying this book as much as I'm enjoying writing it. Love you guys!