I Love You

" Shh, shh." Katniss whispered to Jace. Jace was cringing and whimpering.

" It's okay. It's only a scrape, I think you'll live," Katniss told him. Then she looked over to Peeta. It was almost like an inside joke, living.

Peeta walked over to Jace. He smiled.
" Yeah, your mother's right. You'll be okay." Then Peeta and Katniss began holding hands.

" Mommy, can me and Jace go back outside? It's only 6, we'll be back in before 6:30." Primrose asked. Katniss and Peeta had two children, Primrose, named after Katniss's sister Prim, and Jace. Primrose had Katniss's eyes.

" I don't think so, beautiful," Katniss told Primrose. Katniss pulled Primrose's hair behind her ear. " It's getting dark out. Plus it's almost time for dinner, and I think your brother is getting tired."

Primrose looked over to Jace. " Yeah. I wonder why it's so hot out, it's the middle of December. But can we tomorrow?"

" We'll see," Peeta said. Then Primrose and Jace wandered off into their rooms and did who knows what.

" Am I doing okay?" Asked Peeta.

Katniss turned to Peeta. " Doing okay about what?"

Peeta looked down to the floor and tapped one foot. " With the whole... Parenting thing."

Katniss stepped closer to Peeta, standing only inches away from each other. " Of course, Peeta. We're both trying." Katniss grinned. Then they started to stare into each other's eyes.

Peeta leaned closer to Katniss, and their lips touched base. And touched base. And touched base even more. Peeta grabbed Katniss's waist and pulled her closer, while Katniss was tangling her hands up in Peeta's hair.

Katniss pulled away. " Oh my gosh, I forgot," Katniss said to herself. Her eyes were somewhat wide. Peeta was confused.

" What? Forgot about what?" Peeta asked.

" Dinner!" Katniss said to him.

" Oh. Don't we have some of that deer left over still?"

" No, I gave it to Jace for lunch yesterday."

Katniss walked over to the box next to the kitchen counter. She opened it.

" You're not gonna do this, are you, Katniss?" Peeta asked.

" I have to." Katniss grabbed her bow and arrow and closed the box.

" Okay. Well, be back soon, we don't wanna starve," Peeta told her. Obviously he was joking. She always came home with more than just her perfect sense of humor.

Katniss rolled her eyes and went out the door. The windows were open.

Peeta looked out the door window. " I love you," Peeta yelled.

" I love you too." Katniss yelled back, while she was still walking, without hesitation.