Battle plan

Everyone gathered in Rita's grotto.

"What's (yawn) going on?" Nixie asked as she strolled in.

Lyla followed after her.

"Yeah Serena? What's up?" Carly said loudly.

Evie came in on her cell phone.

"Hi," Evie said into the phone and pushed it back behind her ear and mouthed to the group, "Its Zach's parents!"

"Yes," She started.

"Well, er........" She turned to Cam. Cam pointed to himself.

"Um, he's with Cam. He spent the night at Cam's house. He will be back uh......tonight?" She turned to the group again.

David clapped a hand to his forehead.

"Yes. Yes. Alright. No problem. Uh huh. OK. Goodbye." Evie ended and hung up.

"I'm glad that's taken care of." Serena rolled her eyes and led them deeper into the grotto.

"So whats up?" Cam said jumping down from the staircase.

"We need to fight Erik, tonight." Serena told them all.

"But how?" Evie said running her fingers through her hair.

"I have an idea." Serena said.

The grin that appeared over her face made everyone looked at each other.

"First we need to get to mako island to set up the first part of the plan." Serena nodded.

"What do we need?" David asked raising his hand.

Serena grabbed a list off the grotto's table.

"Rita offered some money that's upstairs in her bag." She looked at David and nodded.

He turned around muttering the words on the list and ran up the stairs.

"Did you figure out what Erik's trying to do?" Asked Lyla.

"Yes. He wants to restart the merman chamber." She added to several gasps.

"What are we going to do?" Squealed Lyla, talking for the first time.

"I have a plan. Come on. Mako island." Serena nodded and raced back towards Rita's pool quickly followed by the others.

They swam together towards Mako island. They pulled themselves onto the beach and dried themselves off. The raced up the sand following Serena.

"What are we doing Serena?" Cam called as the sped up to catch up with her.

"David!" Serena cried, ignoring Cam.

David was standing on top of the sand hill at the entrance of the jungle. He had a large bucket with many things leaking out of the top. The teamed raced, yet again, after Serena as she ran towards David.

David dumped the bucket out onto the sand. Serena first grabbed that large rope and the bucket.

"Evie? Fill this bucket with water for me." Serena ordered.

Evie jumped and grabbed the bucket from Serena and raced to the ocean.

"Carly, come with me." The two walked towards the forest but turned around to face Cam and David.

"David. You and Cam go get the iron bars in Davids boat. You did get them right?" She asked David kindly.

He nodded happily. The two boys rushed to the shore, following Evie. Serena led Carly deep into the jungle. They walked half ran to where Serena thought would be a good spot. She looked up and saw a long tree branch.

"Your taller than me, toss this over that branch." Serena smiled at Carly

Carly grinned and grabbed the rope. She tossed it into the air, clearly missing it but stuck her hand out and twisted her fingers. The rope flew itself over the branch and twisted itself into a knot. She turned to Serena to nodded grinning. Suddenly Evie raced towards her carefully carrying the bucket full to the brim of ocean water. Evie stripped forwards starting to drop the bucket when Serena stuck out her moon ring and the bucket tipped upwards and the bucket didn't spill a drop. She pulled her arm towards the rope and tied it to the bucket so the bucket hung from the tree. She attached the other side of the rope to the ground. She covered it with leaves.

"Watch this." She told the others.

Serena walked over the pile of leaves and the rope flew up from the pile sending the bucket to dump onto her head. She transformed into a mermaid on the ground beneath the bucket.