The northern pod

Zach, Serena and Ondina raced around Mako island. They were just at the kelp forest catching shrimp. The halted when they reached a whispering group of mermaids. Their long hair bouncing in the water.

"What's wrong?" Asked Zach.

"The northern pod is here!" One of them yelped.

Ondina shrugged.

"So?" She asked.

They didn't answer and just swam away. Zach raised his eye brows.

They dove down from the shore line and entered the water. Zach blinked his eyes open. He swam lower. Serena swam after him. Ondina sighed and dove after them. The threesome swam around a large reef of coral. Zach stopped for a second. He turned around to the girls and put a finger to his mouth as to say "shhh!" The girls nodded and swam behind the reef after Zach just in time. The poked their heads out from the side of the coral. Two mermaids swam past. They had nervous faces. Each with long hair. One with billowing blond and the other with jet red. They swam around the coral. The reached the large group of mermaids. They now seemed calm. Ondina pointed towards the moon pool cave. The swam into it and shored.

"What was that all about?" Asked Serena.

"Were they from your pod?" Zach asked Serena.

"I think so." Serena nodded. The group of mermaids started to get larger and much louder out side the moon pool.

"We better go, Evie and Mimmi will wonder where we got off to." Serena nodded. They agreed, then dove out of the moon pool and into the large group. Suddenly someone bumped into Serena, who hit someone swimming past them who swam into Zach to hit into Ondina sending Zach, Ondina, Serena and two other mermaids to the ocean floor. The two other mermaids turned around and swam towards the island.

Zach and the others followed them as fast as they could to apologize. 
The two mermaids surfaced. The others surfaced to see. The two other mermaids turned to face them.
"Nixie? Lyla?" Zach asked.