The good news

Mimmi and Ondina skipped into the cafe together. They had great news. Serena was with David: Her boyfriend who knew their secret. David was writing anew song for them to sing together.

Zach and Cam were both drinking juices, Cam a pineapple drink and Zach a Kiwi surprise. Evie and Carly were working behind the counter. Carly was Evie's best friend who also knew their secret.

Mimmi tripped a little as she raced to Zach's table. Ondina luckily grabbed Mimmi before she fell. Zach and Cam turned to look at them.

"Hey guys!" Zach grinned.

"Serena! Evie!" Called Ondina. The two girls abandoned their friends and joined the small group.

"We have some good news." Mimmi said.

"What?" Evie asked.

"The northern pod is coming to visit!" Exclaimed Mimmi.

"Cool." Said Zach.

"Its way more than cool, that's where you and I were born!" Mimmi cried. Zach thought for a moment then remembered.

"Right!" Now Zach seemed more interested now that it involved him. 

"Oh! Lyla and Nixie joined the northern pod during the spring break!" Serena yelled happily. Evie nodded. Her and Lyla never really saw eye to eye.

"OK, Shouldn't we go?" Evie asked. Mimmi nodded. Ondina ran out first, followed by Zach and Evie, Serena and Mimmi brought up the rear. They all ran to the docks and raced into the water. They raced each other to Mako island. They entered the open cave and into the moon pool. They saw an orange tail underwater. They popped their heads up from the shore line.

"Aquta!" Serena screamed. She paddled her tail forward to hug her sister. Zach pulled himself onto the small sandy shore and dried himself followed by Evie. Aquta had rolls of seaweed in her arms.

"Sorry to rush away but I've got to go repair the corals. The northern pod will need tons more room." She sighed. She smiled at everyone and swam away. Serena shrugged and pulled herself up. Mimmi and Ondina pulled themselves up and soon they were all dry.

They spent some time around Mako helping the pod clean up. Evie rushed up to a little mermaid. She handed her a pile of clams.

"Send these to the pearl look out." Evie gasped, she had been swimming for quite a while. The little mermaid had never met Evie before and was quite nervous. She nodded and dove under. Evie swam away to join Mimmi.

"What are you doing?" She asked her.

"Potion stuff." Mimmi nodded.

"OK." Evie smiled. Mimmi cut up some bright purple coral and dunked them in a glass jar.

"Perfect." She muttered.

"Their here!" Called a voice from under the water. Evie gasped. Mimmi grabbed every jar around her and dove under. Evie right on her tail.