Memory

Lyla turned around to face Zach. Nixie swam next to her. They started to whisper.

"Lyla!" Serena called and swam up to her. Lyla shuffled back nervously. Nixie looked from the group to Lyla.

"Hi! I'm Lyla. Whats your name? I know you, Zack right? Your famous in the northern pod. Oh, this is my friend Nixie. Were northern mermaids by the way," She turned to Mimmi and Ondina.

"I've never seen you two before. The others look familiar for some reason. I might just be losing my tail." Lyla shrugged. Nixie smiled and stuck her hand out to Evie. Evie raised her eye brows. Nixie shrugged and pulled her hand away.

"We ought to go, the northern pod will be wondering where we got of to. It was great meeting you." Lyla smiled and swam away with Nixie on her tail. Serena blinked several times.

"Wha-What was that?" Asked Ondina.

"Yeah......I mean its like they don't even...." Evie started.

"Remember us." Zach cut in.

"That's impossible!" Serena cried.

"Were those the mermaids you were talking about?" Asked Mimmi.

Evie nodded. Mimmi raised her eyebrows and thought to herself.

"Why are they acting like this?" Zach asked.

"It wouldn't be a joke, Lyla takes things very seriously. Nixie maybe, but she'd never be able to convince Lyla." Serena told them.

"Lets all meet at Rita's. She'll tell us what to do." Ondina said nodding. They all agreed and swam away.

The group separated. Serena and Evie swam to shore to tell Carly and David, Zach swam to tell Cam, Ondina swam to the moon pool but Mimmi swam somewhere else. She swam through the floating mermaids and made her way to the middle of the pod.

"Mimmi!" Cried a voice from behind her. She spun around to face Sandy, an old friend.

"Sandy? What are you doing here? I thought you joined the southern pod?" Asked Mimmi

Sandy looked at Mimmi with round eyes.

"I need to tell you something." She whispered. She swam around and started to speed away. Mimmi swam after her. She sped to the cave of the moon pool. They entered. Ondina was brushing her hair with a crabs claw.

"Is this a bad time?" She asked.

"You stay her." Sandy told her. Ondina nodded and set her comb down.

"What's wrong?" Mimmi asked.

"I know why Lyla and Nixie cannot remember anything."