The cure

Serena, Evie, Cam and Carly swam back to Rita's. The pulled themselves into the pool that led to her grotto and ran to Rita who was waiting for them.

"I have great news!" She cried. Before they could answer she continued.

"I have found a cure!" She yelled happily.

"For Ondina?" Asked Cam.

"No....but for Nixie and Lyla." She said looking around to Ondina's sick-bed.

"Really?" Serena jumped up and down.

Evie looked from Rita to Serena.

"Yes." Rita nodded running to her work-bench.

She grabbed two glass cups full of silvery potion inside. She handed the cups to Serena.

"You must hurry. The potion won't last long before it turns back to its normal self. It must be drunken!" Rita yelled.

The four clambered back into the pooled and dived. Serena carefully having the cups float above them in the water with her moon ring. The four swam to the surface and looked around. They suddenly saw the large gathering of mermaids. The sun was just going down. They suddenly saw the two swimming together happily whispering to each other behind their hands.

"Nixie! Lyla!" Called Evie. The two swam towards them.

"Who are these people?" Asked Lyla looking from Cam to Carly with most interest.

"Cam and Carly." Serena nodded to the both of them.

Nixie smiled and Lyla tilted her head.

"Another merman?" She asked.

"Never mind that, we have something for you." Serena said.

"What is it?" Asked Nixie.

The glass cups came zooming towards the from the surface.

"Its a drink." Cam nodded handing them the cups.

"What's in it?" Nixie sniffed the top of the cup.

"Golden sea weed." Answered Serena.

The three other s nodded.

"Ooooh." Lyla smiled taking a long drink followed by Nixie.

The two stopped for moment looking quite confused. They stared away, their eyes out of focus. They both dropped the cups at the same time sinking into the water. Lyla suddenly turned to Evie.

"Evie?" She muttered. She turned to Cam and Carly.

"Cam? Carly?" She asked to them.

"Serena?" Nixie whispered.

"Follow us. We'll tell you everything." Cam nodded.

The two girls looked at each other and nodded slowly. The first four dived under, slowly followed by Nixie and Lyla.