Chapter 34: Prophecy

Chapter 34:

We arrive back at Minis Tirith. Its funny to think back to when I first appeared in Middle Earth and seen how far I have come since then. I started a lot cleaner back then though I laugh to myself. I get down off the horse and look at how dirty I have gotten after two battles in a row. My hair feels disgusting and my skin is so dry. 

A woman of the high palace at Minis Tirith guides Eowyn, Braelyn and I up the steps and inside showing our rooms where we will be staying for a while.
The maids collect clean water and prepare a bath for me, I miss having a shower. I bathe for a while cleaning myself and my hair, and get changed into a night dress. I walk out and see Braelyn sitting waiting for me. 

"You were done quick" I say making her jump. I laugh "well yah I didn't take an hour to have a bath" she quickly replies laughing. "I felt disgusting about how dirty I was" I sit down on my bed exhausted.
"What's going to happen now?" I ask rhetorically but I also want an answer. "Aragorn is going to have a coronation in two days time" Braelyn sat looking out the window over Minis Tirith. "Aw King Aragorn or Elisar" I say, "gonna have to get used that" I laugh along with Braelyn.
"What's going to happen with you, and your home?" Braelyn breaks the silence, I wanted to ignore that question until after the coronation.

 "I really don't know, I don't even know if I can find a way back home. There was a portal before that I've never seen before. A one off but none to get back" i explain looking out the window, "I don't even know if I want to go back" I say finding my way back to my bed needing a rest. "You don't want to go home? Why?" Braelyn asks turning round to face me. "I know I miss my family and I should want to go home, but I kind of like it here. It has beautiful towns and I have made so many friends here and you!"  I sit up "your my best friend, I would miss you and Aragorn, merry, pippin, Gimli and Legolas.." I continue looking down. " ...And Legolas" she repeats smiling at me making me smile as well. "Arghhhh" I yell "what is wrong with me? I have no idea what to do" I ask looking at Braelyn, "nothing is wrong with you, now I'm going to sleep. We will talk in the morning and so will you and Legolas" Braelyn explains walking out pointing at me as she leaves my room.
                ________________________________________
The next morning I get up and head out my room, "Caitlin! Frodo is awake!" Braelyn shouts as we run to his room.
"Gimli! " I hear Frodo shout and I can hear Merry and Pippin's excited voices.  Braelyn runs in "Frodo, thank god!" I hear her shout making me laugh at how loud she is. I walk in along side Legolas, "Caitlin!" he shouts, I run forward to give him a hug. I smile at him as I go to stand back beside Legolas.

That day Frodo and Sam needed rest so I planned to explore Minis Tirith with Braelyn.
We ended up getting lost and getting back really late and eventually good night and headed to bed.

         ___________________________________________________

I see the light shine through the window early in the morning. I wake up feeling rested finally in a comfortable bed. I see a figure in the room. I sit straight up in panic as my eyes adjust and see Lady Galadriel. Feeling more at ease, "Lady Galadriel, what are you doing here?" I ask surprised.
"I thought you might want answers" she replies in so much grace as she walks forward, "answers?" I repeat in desperation. "Yes Caitlin, I thought you might want to know why it was you who the portal came to" she explains.  I nod for her to carry on, "a prophecy. There was a prophecy that a girl of 22 years of age from your world will help the lord of the ring, Frodo Baggins" she continues.

I am in shock. A prophecy? Like in harry potter?  I think trying to process this information. "I did not know who the prophecy spoke of but when I saw you for the first time back in Rivendell I knew it was you in the prophecy. There is a book with a story in, you should read it." She speaks in a calming tone. "Wow, it was hard to believe that a portal is real now I'm in a prophecy" I say looking up at the Lady of Light.

"That is not all, there is something else you should know" Galadriel continues as my curiosity grows. "The prophecy stated that the girl once she arrives in Middle Earth would be granted with a gift of immortality" I stare at Lady Galadriel in shock at he last words. Me? Immortal?  "Before you speak. Yes you will have this gift in your world as well. Which is what I wanted to discuss, it would be seen as abnormal to live forever in your world, but you are most welcome to stay in middle Earth" Galadriel finishes smiling at me making me safe in her presence. "I will leave you in peace now, goodbye Caitlin" she walks out and all I see is her glow.

I am in utter shock, I'm immortal now. Well apparently I've always been immortal. How am I supposed to tell anyone, my family, friends. I hear a voice in my head, 'I can help with your family situation, do not worry' It was Lady Galadriel's.