Chapter 11: Goblins attack

Chapter 11:Goblins Attack

We all sat upon some rocks taking advantage of this time to rest. We were nervously waiting while Gandalf sits, staring intently at the 3 passages in front of him.
"Are we lost?" I hear pippin ask echoing through out the mines.
"No. I don't think we are. Shhhh, Gandalf's thinking." Merry answers looking over at Gandalf.  "Merry!" Pippin whisper shouts,
"What?" Merry says looking at Pippin,
"I'm hungry. " Pippin concludes making me laugh.
"So am I Pippin so am I" I pat his back and walk over to my spot on the rock.
"Ah its that way" Gandalf suddenly exclaims,
"he's remembered!" Merry exclaims,
"no but the air doesn't seem so foul down here. If in doubt, Meriodoc always follow your nose" Gandalf says to him making us either laugh or look confused sometimes both. 

We all walk on under the arched doorway and into the darkness. "Let me risk a little more light" Gandalf says and taps his staff and brightens it up so we can see our surroundings. "Behold! The great realm and dwarf city of Dwarrowdelf!" Gandalf exclaims as we all look up at the ceiling which is in so much detail and the stone pillars and glass are unbelievable. "Well there's an eye opener and no mistake" Sam states looking up.

We come to another doorway where two skeletons lie and soon we hear Gimli run off "Gimli!" I shout but he did not listen of course. We walk in too see Gimli rush into the room where dwarf and goblin skeletons lay and a tomb in the centre. Soon Gimli falls to his knees crying "no...no...no..no!" he wails and I feel so much sorrow for him seeing his friends and families skeletons laying here. " 'Here lies Balin, son of Fudin, Lord of Moria' " Gandalf reads out the inscription "its as I had feared" he says looking about. I place my hand on Gimli's shoulder, I cannot help such sadness but at least he knows I am there for him. 

Gandalf reaches for the book that a skeleton has hold off and reads some of the pages out, but I just look around the room knowing what's going to happen soon, scared for all of our lives. "We must move on, we cannot linger" Legolas urgently whispers to Aragorn.
"Something is going to happen, I can feel it" I whisper as well making both of them look at me curiously. I hear pippin walk backwards but he stumbles "Pippin no!" I shout but I was too late he knocked over a skeleton which tumbles in to the well that makes an all mighty clatter down echoing loudly. Gandalf soon turns round angrily "fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!" he shouts making me slightly scared. I walk over to pippin to comfort him, Gandalf means well but can be scary sometimes. 

Soon silence turns into booms getting louder and louder like drums. "Mr Frodo?!" Sam exclaims looking at Frodo's sword that is glowing. "Orcs!" Legolas shouts as the hobbits run behind us. "Get back stay close to Gandalf. You too Caitlin" Aragorn orders, while trying to wedge weapons into the door. "They have a cave troll" Boromir says in a funny tone while Gimli jumps onto the tomb "let them come! There is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!" he shouts.