Chapter 10:Traveling through the mines

Chapter 10:

"Quietly, now. It's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence will go unnoticed." Gandalf says and lights his staff up more and walks on taking place as leader of the group.
We were walking through the mines, step after step my feet were starting to hurt. I was given elven boots to blend in but I wish I wore more comfy shoes.

"Hello Caitlin" a hobbit exclaims walking beside me "Hello pippin, you alright?" I reply smiling down at him.
"I'm ok thanks, bit hungry though" he admits as I hear his stomach growl. I giggle and whisper "me too" which makes him laugh. 
"So, how come you came on this journey?" Pippin asks curiously, 
"Someone told me to. And I'm glad I did but I didn't think I would be this tired and hungry so early on in the quest" I laugh.
"Yh me too, like what happened to second breakfast?" Pippin exclaims making me laugh. We carry on talking about all the pranks him and Merry have done and it sounds wonderful.               "I wish to visit the Shire sometime" I say to him, "after this quest I will escort you ma lady" pippin states laughing. He then runs off to Merry, they cant be separate for too long.

I was off in a daydream thinking about what I will do when the quest finishes. Where will I go? Maybe I wont be able get back? Does my family know I'm missing? Or has time stopped there while I'm here?
"Hello-" I hear to the left of me,
"woah!" I exclaim putting my hands up in a fight position, man I am so jumpy. 
"Hey its only me" Legolas states and puts his hands up in surrender and laughs making me laugh as well. 

"Sorry you made me jump, I was lost in thought" I say embarrassed and carry on walking.
"So what were you going to say?" I ask starting a conversation.
"I just wanted to talk to you. And I had a question that has been playing on my mind for a while" Legolas says and look at me in the corner of his eye.
"What question?" I ask worriedly while I looking around the halls of the mines. 
"When we first met you told me that you lived in a town a long way from Rivendell. I was curious to know where that is?" he asks and I somehow knew that he would start asking questions the longer we know each other. I trust him so I will tell him some of the truth but not about the stories and me knowing what's gonna happen in the future.

"Well Legolas you can not tell anyone, only few people know this. But... um ...  I am not from this world, Middle Earth. I am from another world known as just Earth" I explain and hold my breath to see what his reaction will be. I look at him and his eyes are wide "well I didn't expect that as the answer" he finally says making me laugh.
"Its the truth, and there is more parts o the story that I  do wish to tell you but Lady Galadriel told me not to tell anyone as it is very important. But by the end of this quest I will tell you" I explain and hope he understands.
"I'm glad that you can trust me, and we can work together after this quest" he says and places a hand on my shoulder. I look at him smiling "Yes you're a great friend" I reply trying hard to not show how red my face is. But as I said friend Legolas took his hand off my shoulder and nodded looking away. 

We carried on through the mines still walking beside Legolas. We suddenly come to a stop, I look around Aragorn's shoulder trying to see,(its not my fault I'm small) I see three passage ways all leading to darkness.

"I have no memory of this place" Gandalf mutters and sits upon a rock facing the tunnels