Chapter 33: Battle at Pelennor Fields

Chapter 33:

We travel back to Edoras, once we arrive I go fresh up immediately because I must look awful after that battle. Braelyn heals my wound. And we head back to the hall interrupting a deep conversation.
"I have sent him to his death." Gandalf says in defeat.
  "No." Aragorn turns suddenly, there is still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage across the Plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that" Aragorn explains his voice full of hope.  "How?" Gandalf asks,
"Draw out Sauron' s armies - empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate" Aragorn explains his plan when I hear Gimli choke on his pipe.
"We cannot achieve victory from strength of arms"  Eomer steps forward, didn't realise he was there, "Not for ourselves . . . But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron' s eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves ." Aragorn states.
"A diversion . . ."  Legolas interrupts finally getting the plan, I walk over to stand beside him, he turns and smiles.

"Sauron will suspect a trap. He will not take the bait!" Gandalf says to Aragorn doubtfully.
"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? " Gimli huffs making me laugh "always so optimistic aren't you Gimli?" I say looking down at him as he laughs.
The decision is made we are heading to the black gate of Mordor. Great the one place on middle earth I did not want to go. But we are heading straight there.

Getting equipped, Legolas helps me up onto his horse and we head off.
"Honestly I am quite curious to see what Mordor looks like up close" Braelyn says, "sounds pretty scary though" Pippin chips in from behind her. They are cute together but Braelyn said last night that she is going to wait till everything blows over.
Its dusk when we arrive at Pelennor Fields, Aragorn is wearing the white tree of Gondor on his breast plate, he looks like a true king.  Few of us continue closer to the black gate where we see a figure exit we get closer and his appearance is unspeakable.
Aragorn rides forward and cuts his head clean off, the black gate's open again and a whole orc army is behind it.
"Fall back! Fall back!" Aragorn shouts, as we ride back to the 500 soldiers we have.

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground. Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West! " Aragorn commands riding past all soldiers.

I get off the horse and stand beside my friends ready for another battle, I seriously have had enough of fighting.

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf" Gimli grumbles making me laugh.

"What about side by side with a friend?" Legolas answers looking down at Gimli.

"Aye, I could do that. " Says Gimli acting tough.
"Awww" I whisper as they look confused.
Before we go to battle once again, Legolas squeezes my hand, I smile up at him. 
"For Frodo" Aragorn charges into the orc army with us following after, slashing my sword as I go until I see a troll charge at me. I hit the floor in pain 'not again' I think to myself, I get myself up right when the troll is going to kill me when 2 arrows shoot past me killing the troll. I turn to see Legolas "are you always there to save the day?" I say as we both laugh and then continue to kill orcs back to back.

A hideous screech rends the AIR!  I look up and Nazgul's start to land killing our army, another cry rends the air I look up again and I see Eagles coming killing the beasts, "The Eagles are coming! The Eagles are coming!" I hear Pippin cry from somewhere. I suddenly feel hope, that we may survive this. 

I look to my left to see an armoured troll confront Aragorn wielding a huge mallet swiping down on Aragorn who falls to the ground, Legolas has noticed as well. We both run to help Aragorn but so many orcs get in our way.

Suddenly we hear a loud screech and all eyes are on mount doom, the sound of terror coming from the eye. The troll and most of the orcs run in terror away from Mount doom, the dark tower of Sauron shakes as the tower falls into pieces and the eye implodes into vast spires of smoke. The ground starts to shake and collapses along with the black gate, I run back to the guys making sure I don't fall into the gaping hole in the ground. He's gone. Sauron's is dead. We did it. Frodo and Sam did it!

Happiness that Sauron has been destroyed is soon gone when mount doom starts to erupt smoke and lava. There is no chance Frodo and Sam would survive that, but soon Gandalf climbs on the back of an Eagle and fly's up to mount doom to spot them. He's found them!

I look to the guys in amazement. "They're alive!" I shout to the fellowship.

                             ____________________________________________________________
Frodo and Sam will need serious medical attention by the elves and will be flown to Minis Tirith where we will meet them there.