Chapter 17: Heading off down the river

The fellowship awaken and it was time for us to leave. As we headed to the river front Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel said they had gifts for us.
Celeborn and other elves clasped elven cloaks around us and each had a leaf broach. "Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people" he speaks to us all. "May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes" he continues.
Galadriel comes forth and passes Legolas a bow, he looks so happy testing out its strength "My gift to you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galdhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin" she says and moves on to me. "You my dear have two gifts "first I give you the bow made by my kin themselves, this bow will never be off target" she explains passing me a wooden bow with delicate rose patterns. "Your other gift is a necklace to give to your future elleth" she passes me a silver elvish necklace with two charms a bow and and an arrow. "Thank You" I say in ore looking at the gifts she's given me. Galadriel smiles and walks to Merry and Pippin and gives the rest of the fellowship their kindly gifts.

We were all packing our luggage and placing them into the boats. I was to go with Legolas and Gimli which I was very happy with. We were all seated in the elven boats waving farewell to the Lothlorin elves. We were on our way and I saw Gimli day dreaming, "I have taken my worst wound at this parting having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me" Gimli exclaims as I turn to Legolas behind me both smiling at what Gimli said. "What was her gift?" I ask curiously since I didn't see I was too busy admiring my gifts. 

"I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three" he replies like he is in a trance which makes both me and Legolas giggle between ourselves.
I look over to the boat in front to see Braelyn and Pippin none stop talking both smiling at each other all the time, its quite cute actually.
We pass onto a great river and we are heading southward, I hear a flock of birds circling above us and I know that we should be worried. I think of what happens and look down knowing I'm gonna cry for we are going to loose a part of the fellowship unless I can stop it from happening.

We stop at a bank for rest, I sit and lean against a tree listening to the forest sounds around me. I hear arguing between Aragorn and Boromir which concerns us all. I see Sam trying to get Frodo to eat. I feel someone sit next to me and I can already tell it is Legolas. "What was Galadriel talking about? When she mentioned your gift for your future child" Legolas asks looking up at the sky. 
"Last night she told me to see her at midnight, so I did. She showed me different versions of my future including my future child... that may be an elleth" I say kind of awkwardly knowing who ever the father will be must be an elf. Legolas looks at me and i can see in the corner of my eye that he looks curious. "Your child will be an elleth? Does that mean... never mind" he starts arching an eyebrow but then stops talking and just looks up at the stars. The fellowship was all heading to sleep with Aragorn on watch. I kept feeling my eyes drifting off to sleep but I couldn't sleep due to feeling too scared of what may happen while we were asleep. I then suddenly feel Legolas' hand slip into mine as we both fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up with my head resting on his shoulder and his head resting on mine, and we were still holding each others hands. I didn't want to open  my eyes in case he was awake,  then we heard a cough in front of us. I opened my eyes and took my head of Legolas' shoulder quickly seeing Aragorn, Boromir, Braelyn and Gimli staring at us smirking. Gimli walks off laughing muttering something about "the pointy eared princeling has a crush" then got into one of the boats. Legolas' face turns red when he realises what Gimli said and we walk our separate ways to forget the awkwardness. "And you said there was no romance with you on this quest"  Braelyn whispers and laughs as we wake the hobbits and head off again.