Chapter 30

I was playing with all the kids while Jason finished up some work in his office. He's been working a lot lately. But since we started enrolling all the pups and kids and teens in school he's been busy. That's how many people we have in this pack. It's like at least once or twice every few weeks someone is finding their mate. 

My phone rang while I was playing with the kids so I decided to answer it. Of course it was Jason.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"I wanted to see how you and the kids are doing." Jason said.

I could tell he was smiling even though I couldn't see him. It was just one of those feelings you get. Almost like you can sense it.

"We're fine. Just playing in the room." I sighed.

"I'm almost finished. I'll be there in like ten or fifteen minuets." Jason said.

The line went dead and I locked my phone. The kids were all just playing with the toys while I watched them. 

Finally after like twenty minuets Jason walked back into the room. 

"Hey baby girl." Jason smiled as he sat across from me.

"How was the enrolling?" I asked, smiling back of course.

"Torture." Jason groaned. "Please don't bring it up." 

I let out a small laugh as I scooped up Sage and Summer. 

"Get the boys. It's time for the kids to sleep and the parents to relax for a few hours. Hopefully." I said as I stood up. 

Jason picked up two of four boys. Once Sage, Summer, Nick, and Brandon were in their cribs Jason went back and got Alex and Matt and put them to sleep. After that was done Jason laid on the bed with me cuddled up next to him.

"Are you going to be one of those protective dads? You know the one who doesn't want their daughters to date anyone." I asked. 

"Of course I am. I'm still protective over you." Jason said, resting his chin on the top of me head.

"You come off as this huge strong alpha but once someone really gets to know you you're actually just a puppy." I smiled.

"Yea. I'm your puppy." Jason whispered.

"Alright. Calm down there babe. Six is enough for one life time." I sighed.

"Alright, alright. How was your day with the kids?" Jason asked for the second time today.

"It was fine. Playing, eating, sleeping. Typical day." I shrugged.

"You're the hottest mom I have ever seen." Jason growled playfully.

"Why do you always flirt?" I askedd looking up at him.

"I only flirt with you little Moon." Jason smiled.

"Good. I don't like sharing." I admitted.

Jason chuckled at my answer. 

I like how Jason can instantly relax no matter how stressful or annoying the day was. It's like as soon as he sees me he instantly calms down and smiles. As soon as he sees one or all of the kids he instantly calms down and smiles. 

I can't believe that I didn't want this perfect guy to be my mate. To think I just want to run away from this. But then I didn't know that this would be the future. I like this future. 

"Your thoughts are beautiful." Jason sighed.

"I've never read your thoughts." I sighed.

"Well, they're all about you. So you'd basically be listening to all the things I love about you and our life together." Jason explained it all.