Chapter 23

I woke up to someone shaking me. My eyes fluttered open and Jason was standing there.

"Did you punch the hole in the wall?" Jason asked.

I nodded and Jason chuckled. 

"I'm sorry if you felt cornered yesterday. I just wanted to tell you how I felt about our situation." Jason sighed.

"Well can we wait until we get through this Luke situation. I just don't want you to get me pregnant and then something really bad happens between us and I go running to Luke and I'm left with our kid and a vampire mate." I explained.

"So we can try after this is delt with. Deal?" 

I sighed. "I can't believe I'm saying this but deal." 

Jason smiled and pulled me out of bed. "Come on sleepy head we have to get going." 

I laughed and grabbed my suitcase and backpack. Jason did the same and we walked downstairs. We put out suitcases in the trunk of his old cadillac and we got in the car. I put my backpack on the floor while Jason cranked up the car. As soon as the engine roared to life we pulled out of the underground parking lot and we drove off.

(__)__(__) A FEW HOURS OF DRIVING LATER (__)__(__)

I was listening to Sky Under The Sea by Pierce The Veil while Jason drove. I was in the middle of singing when Jason's hand found it's way to mine. I tugged at on of my ear buds and it came out of my ear. I looked over at him and smiled.

"If your tired then fall asleep." Jason said smiling back.

"I'm trying to stay awake for you." 

"Why?" Jason asked confused.

"You have to stay awake until we get to the hotel that we're staying at tonight. I hate leaving you all alone." I explained.

"There's something else that your not telling me." Jason said raising his eye brow.

"I'm freezing." I admitted.

Jason chuckled and pulled over to a rest stop. When he parked he got out of the car and went around to the trunk. He got back in the car a few minuets later with blanket. He wrapped it around me and I smiled thankfully. He leaned over and kissed me. The kiss wasn't like a ' I want to get in your pants ' kiss, It was a ' I love you ' kiss. 

When he pulled away a whimper actually escaped my lips. Just the feeling of his lips against mine sent chills down my spine and goose bumbs rise on my skin. 

"There. Now rest." Jason said starting the car again.

I opened my mouth to protest but Jason sent me a warning look so I quickly shut my mouth. I don't want to start a fight before we get to the hotel. That would just be terrible. But there is something I have to ask.

"Are we there yet?" I groaned.

"Don't start that!" Jason whined.

"How much longer?" I groaned again.

"Like four house." Jason chuckled.

"How long have we been on the road?" I asked.

"Four hours." Jason answered. "Now are you going to sleep or keep bugging me?" 

"I think I'm going to bug you." I smiled.

Jason groaned playfully. I tangled our hands together and rested my head on his arm. He was trying to drive but I refused to let him have his other arm back. 

"Babyyyyyyyyyyy!!" He whined.

"Yea?" I asked looked up at him.

"Give me my arm." He instructed.