Chapter 9

I see that some people are reading HEARD, my other book. I'm just telling you to give up on it! Ok, bye😊

Joey's POV:

          I woke up wrapped in Danny's arms and all the kids still sleeping on the floor, looking like a huge cuddle fest. I got up without waking Daniel and went to the bathroom. I came back out and went to the kitchen. I searched around the fridge and cabinets finding some pancake mix and some bacon. I add in all the ingredients to make pancakes and start to stir. By the time that's done I get out a griddle and put the batter on it. I stand and watch the pancakes start forming little bubbles. I lifted the edge of one and it showed a golden color, perfect, I flip it.

       About halfway through the pancakes I start cooking the bacon when I feel two arms snake around my waist and a head on my shoulder. I smile knowing it's Daniel. "What are you doing?" He asks. "Washing my hands!" I say with complete sarcasm. "Would you like me to help?" He says chuckling. I nod and point to the pancakes. He walk over and I notice he still doesn't have a shirt on. I blush and turn away moving around the pieces of bacon.

        "BREAKFAST!" Daniel yells as he beats on a pan with a wooden spoon. I laugh and hear little roars come from the living room. "Well they're awake, but nobody wants to get up." He says with a smile. I look over at him and he gives me the same look, both of us knowing what the other is thinking. He nods his head and we run in and start tickling the kids. Screams fill the house and then there's a knock at the door.

       "Hello!" I say opening the door, out of breathe. "Could you keep it down in there please, other people like to sleep ya know?!" She says sternly. "We sure will, you have a nice day with your cats." I say shutting the door, but getting a glance of a middle finger before it shuts all the way. I laugh and walk back to the living room, but nobody's there so I only assume they're eating already.

       "Who was that?" Daniel asks as I come in the dining room and sit beside him. "Just some old cat lady!" I say cheerfully. "What did she want?" He says taking a bite of his pancake. "She said we were too loud, so I told her we'd keep it down and for her to have a nice day with her cats!" I say reaching for the syrup bottle. Daniel's eyes widen and he starts laughing. We continue eating breakfast until everybody is done.

                               ***

         "Bye Mitch and Scott! Bye Mike!" We say as the two best friends and Mitch's dad walk out. "Well that was the last of them!" I say with a sigh. Daniel grabs me by my waist and pulls my closer. "I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date tonight as a thank you?" He asks with hope in his eyes. I lean in and give him a long kiss. "Of course I would." I say with a smile and then hear gags coming from behind me. I look over and see the two boys hurled over gagging. I release from the embrace and run at the boys trying to tickle them. Of course they run and they're faster than me.

        I walk back over to Danny and ask what we're going to do about the kids due to our date night. "They can stay here with Hope. I mean she usually doesn't care." He says and pulls out his phone sending a message to Hope then returning it back to his pocket.

          "I need to get going." I say cuddling into his chest. "I don't want to though!" I say groaning. "Well it looks like you'll have to wear what you have on to our date!" He says shaking his head. I release from our hug and walk over to my stuff. "We're leaving Max, let's go!" I yell knowing he's upstairs.

        Before walking out the door Daniel leans in for a kiss, I do too, but then move my head before his lips connect with anything. "Those are for later." I whisper in his ear and he blushes. I walk to my car swaying my hips purposely.

                               ***

         I hop in the shower and start thinking of our date and what might happen after and got a little too excited. I turn on the cold water immediately and think of nasty things. I finish my shower in peace and dry off.

       "No, no......nope!" I say going through my closet and moving the ones I don't like out the way. "Ah! Yes!" I cheer when I finally find my navy blue button up. I reach to the other side of the closet and grab a pair of dark skinnies. I get dressed and run downstairs.

       "You packed and ready to go?" I ask Max who has a suitcase in his hand. I smile and usher him out the door. We get in the car and off to Daniel's we go.

          I knock on the door and a woman with blonde hair and some bright lipstick on answers it. "OMG! YOU MUST BE JOEY!" She says pulling me into a hug. "Yep, that's me. And this is Max." I say trying to take the attention off of me. She engulfs him in a hug and then I see Nick come running from the hallway. "WIGSWORTH, YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!" He hollers at the lady. She rolls her eyes and releases Max and takes my hand, dragging me to the living room. "Daniel is upstairs getting ready still! Wanna talk?" She asks. "Yeah sure!" I say and this goes on for another thirty minutes before I hear a very familiar voice, Daniel.

       I look over and he's dressed in a white button up, black skinnies, and some gray vans. "You l-look great-t!" I stutter. He blushes and returns the compliment. "Get a room!" Hope says and starts laughing. This time both of us blushing and walking away. "WE'LL BE BACK LATE! BEDTIME FOR THE KIDS IS 9!" He hollers and then we both head to the car, him opening and closing my door for me. "Thank you!" I say as he hops into the car. "Anything for you Princess!" He says and I blush. We pull away and into the date night we go.

---------------------------------------------------------
AN:
Hey guys so that was the 8th chapter! I think I'm in love with this book tbh. Anyways I wanted to give a shout out to janielotpaf for voting on all of my chapter!! Thanks lovely!!💕 Be Smiley, Don't Be Gloomy!!😊💕