Chapter 49: Getting Back On The Same Page

Play the song while reading

I went to the gas station to get some gas. I went in to pay and I saw Amber. I walked up to her.

Mari: I know you been out with MY man bitch. Stay away from him if you wanna live.

Amber: Clearly you not doing your job and I will happily take your place for you.

Mari: I will drag you by yo nappy ass weave. Try me bitch. Stay the hell away from my man.

I walked off and got in my car. I drove to the park and I sat on the bench. I'm just siting here thinking why. I thought I was making him happy. And I'll be damned if I let my man go.

I thought I was doing everything right. I was being too  high class but I can't help it. I can't do this. I'm stressed about prom. Our suits are being custom made and anything can go wrong.

Prom is in 4 days. People just expect me to be this and that when I'm not. I admit I am spoiled but I just want things done the right way. I would love to get married with Shun and have his baby but I don't know.

I got up, sighed and walked to the car. I drove back to my father's house. As I pulled up everybody was siting on the steps. I honestly was not in the mood for this right now.

I got out the car and put my hands in my pockets. I walked towards the stairs and I could feel everybody eyes staring through my soul.

Mari: I'm really not in the mood to talk about it right now. I just want to go to bed and wake up the next morning and say thank you God for allowing me to see another day. I don't have any energy to argue.

Everybody: Sighs

•Saturday Morning•

I woke up still upset. To my surprise Shun was in bed. He never stops trying. I got up and kissed his forehead and whispered in his ear.

Mari: I'm sorry. Your the best I ever had. Thanks for putting up with me. Baby I love you. (Whispers in his ear).

I walked down stairs to eat breakfast Kyla and mom was in the kitchen talking.

Mari: GoodMorning.

Ashley: Somebodies in a good mood this morning.

Kyla: Rightt.

Mari: What y'all talking bout?

Kyla: Prom.

Mari: We got 3 more days. I'm nervous as heck.

Kyla: Me too.

Ashley: I remember those days.

Mari: How was your prom ma.

Kyla: I want to know too.

Ashley: It was great I guess. I had on this pretty white and turquoise dress with a split. I'll never forget it. De'Antwon Ellis. Star quarter back asked me to go with him. He was a perfect gentlemen. That same night he asked me out and we ended up going out with each other...after the last day we went out I never heard from him again.

Mari: Dang ma that's crazy.

Kyla: Rightt.

Shun: GoodMorning y'all. Mari can we talk?

Mari: Sure.

Shun: I heard everything you said. But you think you can just say sorry and it's fixed. I think we need some time apart.

Mari: I really am sorry. What you mean we need some time apart. We promised we would never do that. (Sniffs). Shun I'm trying. Baby please...I won't snap like that again. I'll let you explain your self next time.

Shun: I was wrong too. I'm trying too. I'm spoiled too. Only when you spoil me though. I love you for who you are.

Mari: I just hate that you always busy. I knew you weren't lying yesterday. I did that so you wouldn't go behind my back again. But let me find out anything.

Shun: Shawty I promise. I wanna be with you forever. I even wanna marry you one day.

Mari: Even a son.

Shun: Maybe.

Mari: I love you bay.

Shun: I love you too shawty.