Chapter 37: Last Day Of Sleepover

It was the last day of our sleep over and we were having dinner. It was awkwardly quiet. Only because of the fact that I was still mad. I even slept on the couch.

I think we're both avoiding the convosation but I don't got niggas coming up to me asking me to go to prom.

Pj: Ok, What ever the situation is. Go handle it.

Mari: But dad I really don't feel like it.

Pj: What did I say.

Mari: Ugh, yes sir.

I got up from the table to have this convosation. I didn't even know my dad knew what was going on.

Mari: Ok soo?

Shun: Look, I'm not finna argue but that attitude gotta go shawty.

Mari: But my point is why is she asking you to take her to prom. Like, she must not be following us on Facebook or Instagram cause it clearly shows.

Shun: I can't help that I'm good looking. You act like I told her to come up to me to ask.

Mari: But you didn't check her either.

Shun: I wasn't gone be mean about it.

Mari: Well still you should've said something. Then she hugged you. That was so disrespectful.

Shun: Baby, it doesn't matter. You know who I'm with. My heart has you and got you and I only want you.

Mari: just tell her to stay away from you or I will.

I said that and walked off.

Pj: Did y'all solve it?

Mari: Yea daddy.

Pj: Good. I have some good news.

Mari: What father?

Pj: I'm renewing my vows.

Mari: Here we go again with this wedding stuff. If it's not you its dads like omg. After dads wedding I wanna kinda be focused on mine when that time comes. Y'all stressing me out with the wedding stuff.

Pj: What are you talking about.

Mari: I'm talking about, when is it ever about me. All I ever see around here is everybody thinking about them selves. I never seen anybody take the time out to see about me. When I was little dad, it broke my heart when you and dad was arguing at my school in front of the kids. (Sniffs). I was young but then again I was able to know what was going on. That same exact day. You told my other dad you wanted a divorce. As I grew up I always flipped every bodies side of everything just so that we could be as cool as we all are now. It hurts. I feel like don't nobody care about my feelings.

I say hitting my hands on the table like Towanda On the Braxton Family Values.

Pj: Can everybody leave me and my son in private for a minute.

As everybody slide their chair back they were headed to the living room.

Pj: Son I am really sorry. If I can go only go back in time I would and who's not showing you affection and seeing about you.

Mari: Can we not talk about it.

I say as tears start falling from my eyes with a mean mug.

Pj: Boy, If you don't spit it out.

Mari: Shun. I mean h-he's t-there when I-I n-need him but I w-want him to ask m-me how my d-day is sometimes too.

Pj: It's gone be ok. We learn from our mistakes but keep him. He's trying. I can tell that this is all still new to him. He'll improve.

Mari: But dad how do you know.

Pj: Because I was that same guy a few years ago.

Mari: Thanks for this heart to heart daddy.

Pj: You welcome son. Now back to the vow re-

Mari: Dad yes.

Pj: Ok.

Mari: I love you daddy

Pj: I love you too son.

That convo was what I needed. It will get better. Me and Shun are still trying to build our relationship as dad saids.