Chapter 9

Today is a regular Saturday for me. Staying at home resting. Football season hasn't started yet so I'm not completely tired like I be after Fridays nights after the football games. Me and Shun are working on a us. I'm tired of waiting but I'll wait for him if that's what he wants me to do.

I got up, took a shower so that I could just take my dad car and just go for a ride...I might even ride to Vegas and come back Monday night since all of the seniors won't be there Monday. Yeah that's what imma do. Let me text them two.

Text Convo

To Shun & Kyla: I'm going to Vegas today by myself. I'm staying until Monday. So if you wanna go let me know I'm hitting the road at 8:00 a.m. So y'all need to meet me at my house at 7.

End Of Text Convo

I started packing my bag and I went down stairs to let my dads know where I was going but they wasn't here so I decided to write a note.

The Note:
Dads me and my friends are going to Vegas. If anything happens y'all know that I'm not that far away. My phone will be on at all times and I'm taking dad's car so I'll see you guys when I get back Monday night. Love you guys😘😘😘😘

End Of Note

It was now 6:40 a.m. Then my phone vibrated twice.

Reads Messages

Shun: I'm on my way shawty.

Kyla: I'm pulling Up now boo.

End Of Messages

I squealed because I thought they weren't coming because it was at the last minute. I ran down stairs to go open the door for Kyla.

(Opens door)

Mari: Hey boo.

Kyla: Hey boo. Where Shun, I thought he was coming too.

Mari: He is, he was just leaving home when he texted me.

(Nock Nock Nock)

Mari: Speaking of Shun.

Kyla: Rofl.

(Opens door)

Mari: Hey Shun. (Hugs him)

Shun: Hey shawty.

Mari: Ok you guys are y'all ready to go?

Shun & Kyla: Yes.

Mari: Any one wants to drive ?

Shun: I'll drive for you shawty. When we hit the road I got something to ask you ok.

Mari: K. (Smiles)

Shun drove and we stopped at the gas station to fill up before we road and you know what I was doing after we left the gas station. I was knocked out.

2 Hours Later

I woke up from my nap and I could see the Las Vegas sign a mile away. I'm thinking to myself like was Shun speeding in my dad's car. But the main part was that we made it ok. Thank God.

Mari: So are you ready to ask me that me that question you had to ask me.

Shun: Um, yeah, you wanna be my boyfriend?

Mari: Yass finally. (Smiles)

Shun: It was not that long. Lol.

Mari: It was almost 2 months. Nah I was counting.

Shun: Rofl. Mmhmm.

Mari: I was.

We made it to the hotel and settled in. I was so happy he asked me that question. I'm finally his. Won't he do it.