Picnic in the park

"Happy Father's Day sleepyhead" Carla says as she sits down on the egde of their bed with their newborn baby, Abby, in her arms.

"Morning you two" nick says groggily as he adjusts his eyes to the surrounding light. He latched his finger onto Abby's and leant up to give Carla a good morning kiss.

"Right, Abby made you a Father's Day card, all by herself didn't you sweetheart" Carla laughs while playing with Abby's hand.

"I find that hard to beleive but Thankyou my baby girl" nick says as he leans in to give Abby a kiss on the head.

"Open it then!" Carla says excitedly. While bouncing Abby on her knee.

"Alright alright, here we go, see, I'm opening the envelope" nick laughs. He opened the card to find some writing, which was clearly done by Carla, pretending to be Abby.

"Happy Father's Day to the best daddy I could ever ask for, I hope mummy spoils you. Love from your daughter, Abby X"

Carla could see nicks smile appearing, he was truly an amazing daddy to Abby. "See she wrote it by herself" Carla smiles and winks.

Nick shakes his head at Carla sarcastically and holds his arms out to indicate he wants to hold Abby.

"Abby, my little angel, you know you're the best daughter I could ever wish for, infact you and your mummy are the best family I could ever wish for, I love you both very much" nick says as he rocks Abby in his arms and kisses Carla on the lips.

"And we love you don't we Abby" Carla smiles as she grabs hold of her 2 month old daughters hand.

"Anyway, Nick, I thought we could go for a picnic today? Just me you and Abby. A family day" Carla explains as she gets up off the bed and moves over to her wardrobe.

"It sounds perfect baby, although it's not really that sunny around her is it?" He laughs.

"Well I was thinking we could take a rug, some food, and some warm jackets and head to the red rec for lunch seeing as it's not raining" Carla says as she puts on her white shirt.

"Okay, well why don't I take Abby to get dressed and I'll leave you to get ready" nick says as he walks past Carla with Abby in his arms.

"Okay I'll be ready in about 15 minutes" Carla says as she brushes her hair and leaves it natural.

"Right little one, let's get you all dressed for our little picnic today" nick says as he plays with Abby's fingers.

Nick dresses Abby in little pink tights, a red dress, and a puffy black jacket with a fluffy hood. For shoes she has her little baby boots on and he places a little yellow headband in her hair.

"There we go darling, all ready for our picnic!" Nick says as he stands Abby up on the bed and smiles at her.

Carla walks through to Abby's room, and smacks Nicks butt. "OI cheeky!" Nick shouts and he spins around with Abby in his arms.

"Oh isn't our little princess looking beautiful today" Carla says while kissing Abby on the head.

"So is her mummy" Nick explains as he kisses her gently on the lips. "Don't be silly Nicholas, I look a mess" she winks as she exits the room and heads to pack up some food.

•••

"This is lovely isn't it" Nick says as he pulls Carla closer to him on the rug.

"It sure is. Thankyou nick" Carla says as she sticks a grape in her mouth.

"For what? Nick smiles.

"For being the best daddy I could have ever wished my child would have. I never thought that after loosing...you know, that I would have a child with you. Abby and I are so lucky, so just Thankyou" Carla says as she looks Nick in the eyes.

"You're more than welcome sweetheart, and Thankyou, for being the best mummy in the world, and my gorgeous wife" he says as they both lean in to kiss one another.

As they got a bit caught in the moment, Abby makes a noise and the two of them realise they are in public.

"Sorry Abby princess, attention back to you now" Carla says making nick laugh.

The 3 of them sat in the park, feeding each other until they got to cold and decided to go home into the warm.

A/N Thankyou for reading! Sorry I haven't posted in a long time! This one shot is dedicated to @stephking006 & @Hannahxxlouisee on Twitter as they both gave me the motivation to write this. I hope you enjoyed X