Hospital

This one shot is dedicated to liv_cullen05 as hospital scenes are her fave! ❤️

I was laying alone, the cold air surrounded me, I could feel my body but I couldnt seem to open my eyes,I was weak, in pain, I could hear voices, I could hear one persons footsteps running towards me. "Carla? Carla!! Can you hear me? C'mon wake up" I felt their hands grab my arm and shake me, I couldn't move, speak, nothing. Next thing I hear sirens blaring, I hear people trying to speak to me but I couldn't reply. My body was lifted off the cobbles and into what I think must've been an ambulance. I felt someone grab my hand and squeeze it. "C'mon baby, open your eyes, anything, just for me". I could make out it was Nick, his voiced laced with sadness and fear, his hand was cold, he ran his thumb over the top of my hand but I couldn't respond. A oxegyn mask was being placed on my face, wires were being attached to my body but what was going on? I had no idea. "What's going on? Is she going to be okay?!" I heard Nick ask as he squeezed my hand once again. I felt myself slipping away, my body was dying on me and I couldn't do anything about it.

I lay on my bed in the hospital room, I still couldn't open my eyes, I wanted to know if Nick was beside me but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't open my eyelids or speak. I felt a feeling of comfort when I felt a hand grasp mine, I knew it was Nicks as he laced his fingers between mine, something he always did. "Carla? I need you to pull through, we have a wonderful future ahead, don't give up, keep fighting and when you come out I promise you our wedding will be perfect" he spoke. I wanted to smile, I tried but I couldn't. Everything was fading, the only thing I could do was listen to him and feel his touch, but he didn't even know I could hear him. I waited for hours, hours until his hand would leave mine but it never did, his touch helped me pull through, it made me determined to wake up and live my life with him.

It was past midnight, must've been about 2am and I felt a rush of energy take over my body, I knew it was a chance to let nick know I was still here. I tried my hardest to squeeze his hand and I succeeded. "Carla? Sweetheart? Can you hear me?" He spoke, now a sound of happiness in his voice. I squeezed his hand again, I tried to speak and a light whisper came out "nick". I felt like I could move my limbs again, I slowly, very slowly lifted my oxegyn mask off my face, and took a deep breath. "Nick, I love you" I managed to say. He started to slightly cry. "Carla I love you too, c'mon open your eyes for me" he said to me through his quiet tears. I tried my hardest to pull my eyelids apart, it took so much strength but it happened. My eyes slowly opened, they shut a few times in the process but they ended up open. "C'mon babe, you can do it" he said as he lent up to my forehead and gave me a soft kiss. That gave me the biggest encouragement so far to try my hardest. They were open. I looked into nicks eyes, I had missed them so much. "Nick, I-" I placed the mask back on my face to get some air. "I heard what you said" I managed to get out. He instantly knew what I was on about. "And I meant it, we will have the most perfect wedding" he said as he placed both of his hands onto mine. "Nick, I haven't got a dress yet" I said slightly laughing. I was still in pain and to laugh, it ached. "Don't worry, you can turn up in your Pajamas for all I care, as long as your there" he smiled as a tear fell down his cheek. "Don't be silly, I wouldn't want you to have a heart attack on the day, seeing me like that would kill anyone" I smiled. "Oi, your beautiful, you know I think that to, I've seen you fully clothed, in your Pajamas, naked, all different ways, and your perfect" he said quietly, looking up at me while I lay still in my hospital bed. "It's a pity you won't see me naked for a while then isn't it if I'm gonna be stuck in here" I laughed, wincing slightly at the pain that shot through my body. Nick knew laughing hurt me so he tried to make me smile instead. "Hey, I'll have you all to myself once your better" he winked at me while smiling. "Oh well it'll be worth the wait then will it?" I question while smirking. "Of course, bit of a welcome home celebration" he smirked. I couldn't help myself but smile at him, at 'us'. I never thought I would get with Nick, a kind hearted man who never shouted at me, always held me when I needed someone and I couldn't of wished for anyone to share the rest of my life with.

A/N I hope you liked this short one shot, please leave your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote x