stay

Ericas POV:
Recently Nick had been very distant, not only in the bedroom department but just in general. He would leave before i woke up and come home after dinner. I noticed the way he looked at Carla, the underworld factory owner. Also the way when she announced she waas leaving weatherfield, he tried his hardest to stop her. I knew there was a spark. I swear he was only sticking with me for the fact that i miscarried and he lost his baby. I loved him but i doubt he loved me. cmon, carla verse me? carla would win everytime. Shes young, like him, shes got nice tanned skin, her hair is a stunning brunette colour that falls gently over her shoulders, shes fit, everything that im sure he wants. Im not saying Nick just goes for looks, because he doesnt, but its a bonus isnt it? I had never really spoken to Carla before but she seemed like a brilliant business woman who had been through so much in her life. I admired her srength, the way she was able to pick herself up after everything around her collaspsed. She knew what i went through with my misscarriage as she had been through the same the previous year. Thats the other thing, Nick could have the chance to have a family just like hes always wanted, but with me, im to old. I needed to end this realtionship, set him free, allow him to have the life he wants and deserves.

Carla's POV:
Last night i slept with Nick, i slept with him. It was more than great, it was amazing, but I was leaving weatherfield, i couldnt stay here when i had nothing. the only people i really truly have is michelle and roy. Nick has erica, a beautiful, strong woman, that comes with 0 baggage. But then why did he sleep with me last night? was it because he felt sorry for me? because he wanted a bit of sex from me? or was it because he genuinly had feelings for me? I really didnt know as every other man i have been with has caused me hell. I wanted Nick so badly, and i would stay in weatherfield if it meant that i could have him all to myself and we could become a proper couple, but if he is only going to use me, then im off, for good.

I heard a knock on the door, i wasnt expecting anyone so i just yelled out "who is it?". i heard some footsteps outside, "Its me, Nick" he said loud enough for me to hear. "Oh um hang on a minute" i say as i was sitting in my dressing gown. i didnt really have time to change into something more appropriate so i just got up and answered the door. "hi" i say as i open it but hide myself behind it so i wasnt visible. "come in" i add. He doesnt say anything, he just walks in. As i close the door, he looks at me, head to toe. "what?" i say quietly as i smirk. "you look good" he smiles. "Nick, im in my dressing gown, with no makeup, and my hair isnt even done" i laugh. "exactly, its called natural beauty" he says as he smiles at me again. "well im flattered, i really am" i nodded. I was more wondering why he was here, i hadnt seen him since this morning, after our night together. I told him i was still leaving and his face dropped, he told me to to 'stay' in weatherfield but i turned him down, why was he back? "can we sit down" he asks me, looking almost nervous of what my answer may be. "yeah sure" i frown as i was rather confused. I sit down with Nick on the couch, and as soon as i do, he grabs my hand and holds it in his. "carla, last night, it was perfect-" he starts speaking."oh Nick, please, dont do this" i cut him off. "Carla i want to say this, before you go, please?" he says as i see his eyes starting to tear up. i had never seen that happen with him before, i couldnt brush him off now, i couldnt. "right, okay, im listening" i say while smiling slightly down at our connected hands. "okay, so yes last night, it was perfect, and i dont just mean.. you know.. also just spending the whole night with you, being close to you, hearing your gentle snores against my chest, its what i was was wanting for so long and it happened, i had you, for that short time, and i just wish i could have you everyday all day, hold you when your upset, walk down the street hand in hand, kiss you in public and just have you, its all i want, and im sorry but last night, it felt like you wanted the same" he said. he had finally finished his heart warming speech to me, it was now my turn, but i was lost for words. i wanted him, i really did but nothing would compare to what he had said to me just then. "um, wow, thankyou nick-" i say before he cuts me off. "you dont need to say anything Carla, i'll understand" he says as he gives me a loving look. "Nick, i need to tell you something, just i really need you to understand as i have been through a lot." he nods in response. I could tell he was listening, he always was. "last night was amazing, it really was. i have been wanting that and i was relieved when you finally told me your true feelings. I have been mucked around by guys in the past, i think they are the one but they always end up hurting me in the end, i dont want to go through that again, also im a wreck, im always getting into situations which i wish i was never in, my mood can change all the time, honestly you and everyone would be better off without me, but im giving you an option, you can either get away now, go to erica, be with her and have a happy life or you can stick with me, see me at my worst times, see me at my happiest which is rarely ever, so its upto you, if you choose me, i guess ill stay, but trust me i would advise you to go to Erica" i explain. Tears were brimming in my eyes. i wanted him to choose me, obviously, but i didnt want to hurt him, he doesnt deserve that. "oh carla" he says slowly as he places his thumb on my cheek and wipes away a tear that has escaped. "i will choose you over erica anyday, dont get me wrong, shes an amazing woman, but shes not you, she really isnt, and i will never ever hurt you, trust me" he says as he looks me in the eyes. "So im staying then?" i ask nervously. "Your staying" he confirms.

A/N hope you enjoyed this oneshot! sorry its not very long but who cares, right?. This here is kind of a carry on from after they slept together back in August last year, but yeah, let me know what you thought in the comments and dont forget to vote! x