Date Night

The pair had just finished work, must've been about quarter to 7 in the evening and their date was set for 7. Carla was so excited all day and couldn't wait for her and her handsome boyfriend to be alone together, in the bistro. They hadn't had a proper date ever since they got together which made the excitement even bigger. Carla rushed to her flat, running awkwardly across the cobbles in her killer heels. She reached Victoria court, pushed open the doors and entered her flat, threw her bag onto her dining table while running into her bedroom to have a quick shower and change into something a bit nicer than her work clothes.

She looked in the mirror at herself, she had put on some tight black leggings, a white loose flowing shirt with her well known leather jacket over top. Her hair was as it usually was as she couldn't be bothered mucking around with it, she had a darker smokey eye look going on, with a bit of lipgloss to shine her lips up abit. Once she managed to tidy up after the mess she had made she made her way to the door, grabbing her handbag on the way out.

Her lightly tanned hands pushed against the bistro door, revealing a very dim looking restaurant, with candles flickering on the furthest table. Carla's heart skipped a beat as she saw Nick emerge from the kitchen. She gave him a cute smile as he they both stared at each other from either side of the room.
"What do you think" nick said as he pointed to the table he had decorated for the two of them.
"I love it" she said almost lost for words
Nick slowly moved over to carla and placed his hand on her waist and gently placed a kiss on her forehead "you asked for candles, I gave you candles" he said while smiling

"This food is really good Nicholas" said carla
"Roberts cooking, not mine" he said laughing
The two of them enjoyed their meal together and soon they were so full they couldn't eat anymore nor have dessert. Carla grabbed hold of Nicks hand and looked into his eyes "Thankyou for tonight, you sure know how to make me the happiest girl alive" she explained.
"You know how to make me the happiest man alive" he said whilst lightly kicking her leg under the table.
The two of them smirked at each other before nick gestured for her to come sit on his lap. Carla didn't hesitate once, she dragged herself from her chair Into his lap. Nick held her waist to support her, he pulled her into him so she was relaxed and placed a kiss into her hair. "Do you know what sweetheart?" Said nick against her hair
"No what" she asked lifting her head up so her eyes could meet his
"I don't think I've loved anyone as much as you, I know your probably thinking 'what about leanne' but in all honestly we just weren't a good match, you bring the best out in me, you make me weak when you walk into the room, you make me want to wake up every day and live life to its fullest carla, I love you sweetheart" he said while smiling lovingly at her
Carla smiled more than she had in a while, she hadn't had a man like this in her life in a long long time and she finally had one. "I love you so much Nicky" she said before planting a kiss to his lips.

The candles on the table had brought back memories of the fire to Carla but she didn't let it get to her as nick made her feel safe, she was wrapped in his arms, his embrace was firm as if he was implying he wasn't letting her go. she felt relaxed in his company and he felt the same. The night was getting on and they decided to call it a night and head home, the both stayed at Carla's as Bethany and Sarah were at Nicks and all they wanted was some privacy and no interruptions as they layed on the couch together peacefully watching some boring movie.
"Hey, I've got something better we could do" Nick whispered to carla seductivly
"Hmmm what might that be" carla asked while tugging at nicks tie
"Well it involves 2 people, a bed, no clothes" he smirked
"Go on then" she said jumping up from the couch and running into the bedroom
As carla jumped up Nick slapped her arse, making her laugh which made him smile. He hadn't felt this way about anyone, and carla was no longer just peters ex or the person he used to argue with all the time, she was the love of his life, the girl that he wanted to cuddle upto at night, make breakfast for in the morning but more importantly, care for and look after, hold her when she's upset and celebrate every day of the rest of their lives together.
Nick got up from the couch, switched off the lights and walked into Carla's room.

"Are you ok sweetheart" Nick asked while laying next to her
"Just a bit tired now, that's all" she explained while closing her eyes
Nick smiled at her and leant over and kissed her neck
"I love you my angel" he whispered
"I love you too" she said while opening her eyes slowly to meet with his.
Nick wrapped his arms around her gently and felt how cold she was, he automatically reached onto the floor to grab his loose shirt he had been wearing under his suit and handed it to her. Carla smiled and put it on without hesitation. The shirt went down just over her arse. "Thankyou" she whispered while moving back next to him under the sheets. Nick once again pulled her close to keep her comforted, he gently rubbed her back as she was falling asleep and as 10 minutes past he could hear her lightly snoring. He didn't let go of her, he just closed his eyes and fell Into his own deep sleep but not before placing a soft gentle kiss to her forehead.