Memory lane

In this one shot I'm pretending like Carla and Robert never occurs. It's how it will always be in my head hahah. This is a stroll down memory lane so hope you enjoy X

It was the night before her wedding, she had been down this road three times before making this her fourth. Every time she would get nervous, think about all the things that could go wrong, all the misery that she would one day cause her husbands. As she lay on her couch, wine in hand and her fire gently flickering across the room she trailed her memory through all her marriages.

She married paul long ago now, her love for him was strong, but it was feisty. Arguments, things getting thrown, constantly making up. Carla wasn't happy. It was a 7 year year marriage, one that she could've done without if she was honest. She barely ever saw him, he wouldn't come home most nights, she would lay in bed staring at the ceiling wondering where he had got to and that all came out one day. He was an escort. He was a flaming escort. Her pleasure wasn't enough for him, he had to seek it off other woman, one being her best mate leanne. He swore they never slept together but she was never convinced. The turbulent relationship was over but that wouldn't heal what he had done, she still loved him, god she had always loved him but how could she take a lying cheating escort of a man back? She never even had that chance because he died. Her heart fell, nothing was ever as painful as losing her husband, her first husband infact. The one that helped her through so much in the first years, the one that would hold her every night and tell her everything was going to be ok, but it wasn't, everything was far from okay in her life.

After Pauls funeral she got on with her business, kept it running, kept it going for him, Paul. As far as Carla was concerned he didn't deserve for the factory to keep running but carla wanted to take the business and when she found out Paul had left her the factory in his will, the joy was beginning. Paul's brother Liam was joint owner with Carla, they got on ok, they argued a lot though, rude remarks would be thrown at one another, death glares would be shot across the room, deliberate attempts to make the other feel down were fired, even when in reality they held feelings for one another. Feelings that wouldn't just dissapear at the drop of a hat, feelings that would stay and linger until something was done about it, until the gap between them was filled with each other.

Contracts after contracts would roll in, client after client would pop in, one client took Carla's fancy in particular, Tony, Tony Gordon was his name. He had a strong Scottish accent, great looks, successful businessman, a right charmer when it came to woman and unfortunatly carla became a victim of his charms. Tonys feelings were far stronger for carla than hers were for him but she liked him, she wanted him, she wanted to make Liam jelous. Liam tried to warn her off tony, was it because he was jelous? Of course it was. Carla being carla didn't listen, her stroppy bitchy attitude would rule her desicions, nobody would tell her what to do, not ever. Carla and Liam got passionate one day in the factory office, both of them disgusted in their actions and as carla liked being the bitch and playing boss she threatened Liam. Told him if he doesn't sell his part of the business to Tony she will tell Liam's wife maria about their little moment. Liam was a kind, considerate man, one that any woman would kill for, Carla's bitchy bossy approach was to much for Liam, he didn't want his wife to find out so gave in to Carla's demands. Tony was now part owner in the factory, no more Liam, no more snide remarks would be fired between the pair and no more passionate moments. But that wasn't true. Feelings couldn't be fought no more, feelings had to be dealt to, had to be. Carla was aching for Liam, she needed his arms, his touch, she needed him more than she has ever needed anyone. They would share nights together, they would fall asleep in each other's arms, they would hold one another in their down times, but even when Tony proposed to carla nothing seemed to stop the pair from engaging in each other's arms. Wedding plans would go ahead, Tonys suspicions would grow over time, him planning this wedding wondering will it go ahead?. That answer was yes. The Eve of the wedding, Tony had his stag do, his 'best man' Liam getting a bit drunk during the evening and walking out into an oncoming vechile, except it wasn't just as simple as that, it was a hit and run organised by Tony, Carla's husband to be. Once again her life was turned upside down, not only had Liam been hit by the car but he died. First paul, now Liam, who next? Tony?.
After carla married Tony, he confessed to killing Liam, Carla's heart sank to her feet, nothing would prepare her for the truth, nothing would bring Liam back from the grave, not one thing, not even her bossy attitude that would usually get her anything.